iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Older sharpening equipment!!!!!!

Started by Gipper, April 12, 2005, 11:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gipper

Does anyone out there have any experience with the older Foley sharpening equipment.  The exact age, I'm not sure about - but it was before the joining of Foley and Belsaw.  All the plates on the machines say Foley only.  Reason for asking is I have the opportunity to get several (about 6 or 7) machines at a very reasonable price, but don't know a lot about the earlier machines.  I have a Foley-Belsaw chain saw chain grinder, and a couple other smaller tools that are good quality. 

The machines have been well cared for and include automatic filers, grinders, and automatic setters for both hand saws and circle saws.  One setter looks as if it would accomadate circle saws to maybe 30 inches in diameter.  (I've got a 30 inch buzz saw needing help right now.) :D  One has the appearance of the sharp all, but not sure it is.  One is a model 387 automatic filer.  The motors all work - they all run on standard 120 volts.  There also are a couple of manual handsaw settters and a manual cirlce saw setter.  The owner came about them by way of inheritance, and he is not into wood working in any form so he is clearing out the building for eventual sale or lease.  I need to let him know something by this coming week-end.  I think I can get all of it for less than $500.  A couple of them I could use and thought maybe recondition and sale the others.   ;D

Any thoughts, ideas, and info on this type equipment would be appreciated.

Gipper

maple flats

Although I'm not familiar with that equip. I still see a good bargain for you. Use what you can and then clean up trhe rest and sell it. You would most likely end up with a free set up but most likely would take several months to get your investment back. I'd go for it if it was me.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

james

my dad had a 387 good machine will worth the $ i'd get em
james 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!