iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bought my first home

Started by bigred1951, December 10, 2015, 08:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

Well after a couple falls mamaw finally decided to move in with my mom and dad. So it was either stay in the old house which is in bad shape or buy or rent. I found a 99 14x52 mobile home for sale close. It was a 2 bedroom but the small one was taken out to make one big living room and kitchen. All new laminated snap together wood floor throughout except the bedroom and bathroom. Central heat and air and a very nice gas fire place in the living room. Ended up borrowing 10k to buy, move and set up everything leaving a little left for odds and ends. It's not much but plenty enough for me and the woman to live. I would like to remove the gas fireplace and rock and put in a nice wood stove but that be later. I'm pretty excited

Napoleon1

Congratulations.  No place like home.

goose63

bigred21 use the insulated pipe for the wood stove it's on the spendy side but worth it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

bigred1951

I'll probably just burn the gas stove for this winter then hopefully tear that out in the spring and redo it for a wood stove. The gas fireplace is one of them ventless ones.

yukon cornelius

Very good! I had been wondering about you lately. Sounds like things are going alright.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Every step forward is a good step.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

r.man

Gotta love having your own place Bigred, always something to do but it's better when you are doing it for yourself.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

timberlinetree

Congratulations. Nothing like home sweet home!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ianab

Nothing better than having your own place, except when you actually OWN it. And with only a 10K loan that shouldn't take long. Then you can regroup and move up to something better as needed.

I bought my first house at about your age, and had to borrow a bit more than that. But it worked out. Build up that equity / asset base and it makes life a LOT easier.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Holmes

Congrats on the new home.  Be very careful with that gas fireplace. Ventless means you are breathing all the carbon monoxide the stove puts out.  At least get yourself a carbon monoxide detector and make certain it works.  If you start getting headaches switch to electric heat.
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

Good for you. You will enjoy it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Woodhauler

My first home was a mobile home to! They make a nice home. Nothing like kicking your boots off in your own place !
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!