iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mysteries

Started by Sixacresand, June 05, 2013, 12:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

For you guys or guys' wives who like to read, my wife has written two murder mysteries set in area near Macon, GA and the Ocmulgee River.  Both are available from Amazon to download to your Kindle or a kindle reader on your computer.  The author is Nancy Hogue and the titles are 'With His Dying Breath' and 'His Sins Exposed'.  They are a series and are considered cozy mysteries, meaning they do not include violence or sex.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Wow, the authors among us.  Okrafarmer's Mother is also a published author.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Quote from: Magicman on June 05, 2013, 02:03:37 PM
Interesting to know.  Thanks, MM. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WH_Conley

No violence or sex? I thought the FF was the only thing you could let the kids read anymore. ;)
Bill

trapper

Is there a way to buy and get them downloaded to my wifes nook?  She likes the no sex or violence idea.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Sixacresand

Quote from: trapper on June 06, 2013, 05:43:40 PM
Is there a way to buy and get them downloaded to my wifes nook?  She likes the no sex or violence idea.
Its not available for Nook.  She can go to Amazon.com and download the free Kindle App to her computer.  She can then download the books and read a few pages free before buying it.  Nancy has a facebook author page she can also visit.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Sixacresand on June 05, 2013, 02:57:17 PM

I can give you her webpage if you like.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Okrafarmer on June 07, 2013, 08:51:57 AM
Quote from: Sixacresand on June 05, 2013, 02:57:17 PM

I can give you her webpage if you like.
Sure Okrafarmer.  Send it to us.  Thanks.

Okrafarmer

Here. http://www.susanpagedavis.com/about.html

Most of her books are inspirational (Christian) fiction. Some of them are considered cozy mysteries, such as the three she wrote together with my sister.

:laugh:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Sixacresand

Thanks Okrafarmer for the link.  She has some impressive accomplishments.  I know you are proud of her.

Okrafarmer

Absolutely, but she started out with just a first book, like every other author who gets published.  :)

Sixacresand

Today (Sunday), Nancy's book "With His Dying Breath" can be downloaded free from Amazon to your Kindle.  Please read it and give her a GREAT review.  Thanks.

beenthere

Thanks for the heads up, says my wife. She downloaded it yesterday (told me last night) and is finding it very interesting. Kudo's to your wife.

In addition, she has put in a request for one of Okra's mothers' books through the Library. She, her daughters', and grand daughters read a lot and sounds like they will enjoy Susan Davis' books.

I have a cousin who writes a lot of western short stories, under the name of Will Starr. Has won some awards with his stories, if interested. Lives in the Phoenix area.
http://willstarr.hubpages.com/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I'll send this to Tammy. She is a big reader while on bus trips and in the evening. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Sixacresand on June 09, 2013, 09:32:59 AM
Today (Sunday), Nancy's book "With His Dying Breath" can be downloaded free from Amazon to your Kindle.  Please read it and give her a GREAT review.  Thanks.

I just downloaded it. Thanks.

Sixacresand

beenthere

Quote from: Sixacresand on June 05, 2013, 12:08:05 PM
For you guys or guys' wives who like to read, my wife has written two murder mysteries set in area near Macon, GA and the Ocmulgee River.  Both are available from Amazon to download to your Kindle or a kindle reader on your computer.  The author is Nancy Hogue and the titles are 'With His Dying Breath' and 'His Sins Exposed'.  They are a series and are considered cozy mysteries, meaning they do not include violence or sex.

My wife is reading this book, and said she cannot put it down (although she does, as today was house cleaning for the quilt ladies here all afternoon). Now house cleaning is done again for Saturday guests but now is time to "can't put the book down" relaxing. So far getting a "great review".
Thank you to Nancy for writing good stories for Kindle.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sixacresand

I will show Nancy the Forum post.  Ask your wife to leave a review on Amazon when she finishes the book.  Thanks beenthere

Thank You Sponsors!