iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 4400/4500

Started by gman98, April 28, 2020, 05:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

Hello guys, I recently purchased an echo 590 and I absolutely love the saw.  I've got a chance right now to buy an echo 4400.  I don't really know a lot about the model, but will I be as impressed as I am with my 590?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

Don P

Don't know, never had a 590 but the 4400 is a nice smaller saw. It's no screamer but it is a good little saw, I've had 2.

ladylake

On the 4400 open up the muffler a little, tune good and run a .325 nk chain and they cut as good as any 45cc saw.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Fishnuts2

My 4400 had serious problems with the crank seals.  The replacement seals seemed to fit a lot tighter on the crankshaft, leading me to think that maybe things had been redesigned.  While trying to buy a usable used cylinder for the 4400 I got to thinking many other 4400's had problems with bad seals too.  Lots of parts available, except cylinders other than brand new, and more dollars than the saw is worth.

I got it running and it cuts good.  I sold it to a friend and he thinks it's a great little saw.

ladylake

I've never had crank seal problems with any Echo saw, never replaced one yet.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!