iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blackeyed peas and Yankee Boys

Started by Bro. Noble, January 07, 2006, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

Well being an old coot and also in the dairy business,  I ain't got a choice about the early to bed and early to rise issue :-\  Well,  even so,  2005 has really been the pitts for our little operation in all three of the 'healthy,  wealthy,  and wise' departments.

Now I'm not sure if maybe the Captain brought us some good luck,  or if some of Kirk's or jpgreen's luck rubbed off on me,  or if it's all those blackeyed peas we eat:  but,  something seems to have turned the tide ;D

Yesterday I had to go to town to try to get a motor repaired,  the pickup repaired,  exchange a wrong part,  and buy some supplies.  Came home with all those goals accomplished and a flattering proposition as well as more money than I started out with 8)

This morning I was feeling on top of the world as I turned the first of the stoopid cows into the milk barn.  My son Tom soon came in after driving all the cows in reporting that a cow had calved.  Now I had been worried about this cow because I just bought her for what I feared was too much and she hadn't been acting just right even for a springer.  Son said she seemed OK.  I asked if the calf was allright.  He said there's two.  Now,  that's not always a good thing,  especially if one's a male and the other a female.  Turns out they are both females 8) and the momma ran the 'fresh cow bucket' over 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

NOBLE! Quick! Check reverse in da truck and see if it started working!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Flurida_BlackCreek

It has to be the blackeyed peas. They're required by law down here, on new years.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

farmerdoug

And here I thought you guys were talking about Fergie and her "Humps" video. :o  I hear it is different to say the least. ::)

Farmerdoug

PS.  Glad your luck has changed.  Most of the dairy farmers I know seem to be in your shoes.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Captain

Now, I'm not sure what kind of luck I could have brought along....Maybe by passing through Kirk's area I dragged some of his positive aura with me.

Captain

UNCLEBUCK

That is a good day Noble !  twin$$$$$$$   8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Bro. Noble

Dairy bulls are selling in the neighborhood of $150 and heifers around $500,  so it made for a pretty cheap cow afterall ;D

Glad you're still 'Tobacco free',  Uncle,----saw that on another post. 

You had me worried once when you said you were gonna give up and try it again next year.  That wouldn't have worked :-\  You've gone a week and things will be getting easier now :)  You're gonna make it 8) 8)

Jeff,

That old Bronco is one of the things that went sour during '05' :(  After driving it for 3 or 4 years without reverse,  now it won't go forward cause of various engine problems.  It's been setting in Dad's yard since late summer.  We go back and forth between deciding to fix it and calling the junk yard.  We did tell Tom's father in law he could swap any parts with his old bronco that he wanted to.  His rear end went out on his so he just took the driveshaft off and uses FWD :D :D :D  After recent developments,  I'm going to suggest to him that we both just leave them set in the yard for 20 or 30 years and them some rich yankee will come along and think they are antiques ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Roxie

Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaw!  TWIN HEIFERS!!   8) 8)

Round these parts, CALVES are selling for $500 and springing cows are never less than $2,000.  This cow world's gone crazy. 

We've got an 'Excellent' Red & White Holstein cow that is due in March, and we just can't wait.....so, would you mind very much if I borrowed a piece of your luck?   :)  I promise to give it back after March! 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!