iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Bundled Firewood In South West Michigan

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, June 04, 2013, 08:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

I have a campground in Indiana I sell bundled firewood to that also has a campground in Michigan. My Indiana DNR license does not allow me to ship into Michigan. Campground is about 30 min north of Indiana/Michigan border, just above South Bend. If you are in Michigan, an active forum member, and sell bundled wood, drop me a line and I will set you up with my current contact
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

beenthere

??
Can you get a MI license to sell firewood there?
I don't understand how IN can govern where you sell firewood at or to who, unless it has to do with EAB quarantine rules. Just puzzling to me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Busy Beaver Lumber

DNR license allows me to sell within the state so long as I comply with all Indiana regulations. If I ship out of state, then USDA regulations kick in, which are a costly pain in the butt. Wood has to be heat treated before it can be shipped across state lines to meet USDA requirements.

Could most likely get a Michigan License, If one even exists, but them would need to find a place in Michigan to operate out of an travel there, which is more than I wish to do. Would rather help out another forum member and throw the income their way
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

beenthere

Thanks
Didn't know about the USDA and crossing state lines with your wood.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

No license needed in Michigan  :)  I find bundles to be a PITA  ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CRThomas

In the heart land il mo ky it is now county to county you can not transfer wood, I put all my splitter wrapper on a trailer go to that county buy it bundle it and go home. It works I do this professional. As the government try's to shut you down you have to out think them and that ain't hard. Or if you kil dry it you can sell it any place. I make a very good income. So guys try this

Thank You Sponsors!