iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beginner Sawyer With Questions???

Started by JWright, July 02, 2012, 11:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

there was a reply as to the negative results in adding water to steel in cutting operation, just have to say how do you think most of the machining gets done in all the machine shops?  The only issue with water as a coolant is when the cutter is extremely hot or, running carbide and using intermitant coolant, which shocks the cutter.
Soap water works best with most pump systems, diesel with gravity drip systems,  winter weather you need washer fluid with pumps and keep using the diesel with a drip system,  just my opinion.. David
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Greg Brown

Quote from: Sixacresand on July 04, 2012, 10:49:28 PM
My dad's remedy for every thing was terpentine or chewing tobacco, depending what ailed you. 

Ain't nothing better for a wasp sting than putting chewing tobacco on it.
Norwood MX34 Pro,  Massey- Ferguson 175

woodmills1

I use 50/50 bar oil and diesel from a cheap spay bottle(too hard to find good metal repair shop spay cans any more)

will never go back to water that can freeze
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

bandmiller2

Has anyone here tried water soluable oil,common in the metal working industry,it has anti rust additives.The old time water pump lube you added to the cooling system,that turned it milky,is simular. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!