iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aviation Museum @ McMinnville Oregon

Started by D._Frederick, May 17, 2006, 12:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

Last Sunday for Mother's day, I took the wife to Evergreen Aviation Museum before going to dinner.  I picked out  3 planes to show here, of over 50 total.

This plane, a H-4 Flying Boat made out of birch and is bigger than Boeings 747, it has 8 radial engines spinning 17 foot diameter  propellers, each rated at 3000 hp each.

The next plane is one of 3 Lockheed SR 71 still in flying condition. (Speed @ 85000 ft. 3000 ft per second.

The next plane is one of the better planes of WII. A Messerschmitt BF 109

If you get out to the NW, its well worth the time to see this museum.

woodbowl

D, that had to be one of the finest Mothers day, days around. I would like to see the museum in McMinnville sometime. Here on the east coast the EAA has a pretty nice display in Lakeland Florida, just in case you ever get the chance to get over this way. Oshkosh Wisconsin is another good one to visit.

Is that H-4 flying boat the same as the Hughs Spruce Goose?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

caryr

sawguy21

The Spruce Goose story is fascinating. Hughes was a unique individual to say the least.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

We just got done watching The Aviator.Was a story about Howard Hughes.Had that H-4 in the movie.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!