iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Job pics

Started by keen, August 21, 2013, 10:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keen

Skidding is being done with a c5d cable skidder.

CCC4

Looks like good timber! How come you to spread yer landing like that? Does your buyer come out and grade on site er something? That place is beautiful...kinda surprised yer LO didn't mess his self when he saw how wide that landing is. LOL! I'm sure ther is a reason for it. Some guys here cut 78 walnut, the buyers wanted them set out like you guys did, and he would come out and mark the buck lengths.

Nice work man!

treeslayer2003

pretty work Keen. good to see yer busy. what the scoop on the clark? I have two, they good machines.

keen

Thanks man, the landing is set up so it be marked and bucked for optimal value. I would say 40 percent of the trees had a veneer stick in them. A truck hear hauls around 8000 mbf so they will get most of that wood on one load. The landowner was fine with it, we made two other landings in the fields in different locations. Its just a hay field not his back yard :D but we did level it back out when we were done

keen

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on October 15, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
pretty work Keen. good to see yer busy. what the scoop on the clark? I have two, they good machines.

Thanks, its a 666 Clark Grapple Skidder, w/6BT and P/S Trans. They are asking $7500 but the tires are shot. I really would like a D/A grapple in the future but first got to pay off the forwarder :-\ plus I already got way to much wrenching to do. What model/models do you have and how are they for parts availability?

treeslayer2003

I have a 666b and a 664b, both Detroit power. the trans and axles were used on all kinds of stuff. the winch was used on tigercat and some cats, they are bullet proof. you can get parts but not from a skidder dealer. any body carries clark dana parts can get driveline parts. timberjack has stuff to since they ran clark trans. i'd love to find a skidder like that here for a price like that. the 666 will pull. I have a 540b as well, it won't take near the turn the big clark will.

Thank You Sponsors!