iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Krpan 4.5 remote controlled winch(updated to hyd.outfeed)

Started by 47sawdust, October 28, 2018, 01:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I recently purchased a new winch from our forum sponsor Farma who also sells Krpan forestry and ag related equipment.
The winch is the Krpan 4.5 eh model.10,000 pulling capacity with a tethered remote and optional radio remote.It is made in Slovenia and the quality is excellent.I haven't owned it long enough to be very proficient but it is going to save a lot of wear and tear on my 71 year old legs.I've been looking for a couple years and with the exchange rate I couldn't pass it up.The dealership is Pickens Equipment located in Waterloo,Qc.,and yes they ship.Brad and the staff at Picken's are great to deal with.

The wire on the far side of the top link goes to the receiver
mounted out of harms way in the cab,the near wire goes to a 12 volt outlet.

<br

<brTransmitter is attached to a belt(supplied)to wear around your waist.Red knob turns on the power,far left controls winch,far right toggle establishes connection between receiver and transmitter.Other toggles are for more modern tractors than mine.!985 Kubota.>
Now I'm waiting for the ground to freeze and some snow to keep my logs clean and equipment out of the mud.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

g_man

Congrats on the new winch. Looks very interesting. If I read the info on it correctly it is a hydraulic winch with it's own complete and separate hydraulic system. The tractor pto just drives the pump. I am guessing you will like the remote control. Make sure you let us know how much of an energy saver it really is over your Taifun (sp??) winch so we will be properly jealous.

gg

47sawdust

Yes,self contained hydraulics.The tank is just the other side of the scabbard.
My tractor is starting to resemble a Mad Max clone,guess that might be Mad Mix.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

John Mc

What are you doing with your Tajfun winch now that you have a new one (No, I'm not in the market, but I know used logging winches in decent shape don't take long to sell.)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

47sawdust

John,
That winch sold quick for $2100.00.New one was less than 5k delivered.
Mick
Mick

47sawdust

Well I couldn't resist this latest winch upgrade.I now own a fully loaded KRPAN  4.5EH winch.It has the same features as the one in this review with the addition of a hyd. outfeed pulley.The rate of flow is controlled by an adjustable metering valve graduated from 0-10.You young fellas can run it at 10,I'm happy with about one.
It is absolutely effortless and much cheaper than shoulder surgery or a heart attack.I can now go up ledges and through snow w/o a fight.It is all controlled by 1 toggle on the remote.

This is the hyd.drive for the pulley

The hyd.reservoir with logo for Pickens Equipment,great folks to deal with.

The winch comes with a fold down upper screen,but I chose to leave it off for visibility reasons.Also pictured is my snatch block mod.ala g man.Thank you.

3-18' rock maple,the front end was a little light.

Saw Grip welded to loader arm.the winch has a scabbard for 1 saw but I like to have 2.

Make sure the wing nut is good and tight or bad things can happen.

Mick

47sawdust

I will be posting a video soon on this winch being used in the woods to demo ease of operation.I can't over emphasize the advantages of the remote and then adding the hydraulic out feed is just over the top.
My 2 1/2 year old grandson got to  use the remote yesterday.I would have put him on the tractor but Grandma nixxed that idea. ;D
Mick

W5E2J

Aw Grandma, give the kid a break!! :D :D Just wait until his legs get longer!!

My 2 1/2 year old grandson can't wait for "his " tractor to come down the road!! ;D 
And grandma knows it!!

W. Jones

Thank You Sponsors!