iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

truck hauling

Started by cityncountryguy, January 14, 2015, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cityncountryguy

Hi, I am wondering if any one can recommend a hauler for one truck load of firewood log length 21` to 22` long in the Greene NY area. Needs to be delivered in same area. Any help be greatly appreciated.
I am new to the forum, and I am keeping my 70 acre woodlot healthy with the advice of a friend who is in the logging business. My main goal is to safely,  keep my trees healthy for the wildlife, and for future selective logging. I think the forum is great, and I am spending hours enjoying reading all the topics.

terry f

Wish I had 70 acres, sounds like you and me have the same plan for our woods, good luck.

ga jones

There are two different loggers working on route 12 south of Greene I saw there skidders there Sunday. You should stop and see them.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

coxy

ga jones   that would be a good run for you  :D :D

thecfarm

cityncountryguy,welcome to the forum. How did you get the wood out?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Pete and Jesse

Here is a link to a mill near you. Maybe they could suggest someone.

http://sawbiz.com/index.html

cityncountryguy

Quote from: ga jones on January 14, 2015, 03:11:44 PM
There are two different loggers working on route 12 south of Greene I saw there skidders there Sunday. You should stop and see them.

great tip, thanks greatly appreciated

cityncountryguy

Quote from: thecfarm on January 14, 2015, 05:51:42 PM
cityncountryguy,welcome to the forum. How did you get the wood out?

got a Kubota B3200, just skidding out with the Kubota, all  level ground, and most trees averaging only about 10`` to 14`` at base. Black Birch, makes up about 65% the logs, some maple, and just a few beech, couple ash.

cityncountryguy

Quote from: Pete and Jesse on January 14, 2015, 07:59:01 PM
Here is a link to a mill near you. Maybe they could suggest someone.

http://sawbiz.com/index.html

I spoke with John, he gave me one name. Hauler out of Port Crane,  Don Snow. The load is only going 1/4 mile down road from me. Snow suggested I see if I can catch him when he is in the area to keep cost down.
Was wondering if there is anyone else. Thanks for the tip

Thank You Sponsors!