iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"THAT'S" Launches Logging safety website.

Started by Jeff, August 04, 2002, 11:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The National Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety Foundation ( THAT'S) has launched www.loggingsafety.com, a free site dedicated to making the best available timber harvesting and transportation safety guidelines and materials easily available to anyone with web access.

"The bottom line on any logging operation is always safety," stated THAT'S Chairman Craig Leach of Amerisafe. "This extensive on-line archive of free safety resources, with descriptions and ordering information for loggers and logging trainers to stay informed and find what they need to develop focused training sessions."

The site presents a continuously updated archive of Safety Alerts from the Forest Resource Association, as well as Loss Control Overviews and safety-oriented Technical Releases-all fully illustrated and printable for free. In addition, the site-visitor may review a comprehensive catalogue of handbooks, pamphlets, and videos available for sale from FRA and over 60 other sources, organized by safety themes, with ordering info.

A special section introduces and guides the visitor through the resources available on logging safety at the official OSHA web site. The complete test of FRA's popular handbook Timber Harvesting Safety will be posted at the site by July.

THAT'S invites any company or other organization with a commitment to logging and wood fiber transportation safety to hot link directly to www.loggingsafety.com. Contact FRA's Director of Communications, Neil Ward, at nward@forestresources.org(301/838-9385) for a .jpg file of the "Logging and Transportation Safety" icon to associate with your link.

The Nation Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety Foundation is a charitable 501 © 3 organization which promotes, supports, and serves as a catalyst for safe and professional work attitudes, practices, and conditions in timber harvesting and transportation.

The Forest Resources Association Inc., which serves as the secretarait for THAT'S, is a nonprofit trade association concerned with the safe, efficient, and sustainable harvest of forest products and their transport from the woods to mill. FRA represents wood consumers, independent logging contractors, and wood dealers, as well as businesses providing products and services to the forest resource-based industries.
www.loggingsafety.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gordon

Great link Jeff I'll have to add it to the links. I noticed they also have a nice list of links started as well.  ;)

Gordon

Ron Scott

Gordon,

I had you add this some time ago I believe. Check Logging, Miscellaneous.

Maybe want to start another category for Safety.
~Ron

Gordon

Thanks Ron your 110% correct it's already there. That is a good idea about the catagory for safety. I'll have to do some changing of items to get them easier to access. It will be better for all of us.

Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!