iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodworking Show - Chantilly VA 14-16 March 2008

Started by DR Buck, March 03, 2008, 07:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Anyone visiting the Woodworking Show in Chantilly this month?   I'll be there the entire show as I have a couple booths contracted to advertise my milling service and sell my excess lumber.   Look for me under the  "Got Logs?"   banner.

Dan Shade is supposed to stop by and help out a little as well.   I need him to take on all the southern MD customers.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dan_Shade

i'll be there on friday, and more than likely sunday (I hope!)

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

MartyParsons

Lisa and I will be there also. Not sure which mills we are taking. LT15 and a hydraulic mill of some type. any requests? Dave you ready for the LT50 yet?
We will be under the Wood-Mizer banner. Dave / Dan do you know any one who would want the slab wood we produce? We will have Walnut and Cherry.
Hope the weather is good, we had 1/2 " of snow on the WM hat last friday.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

submarinesailor

Dave,

I plan on being there on Friday.  I have a doctor's appointment at 10:05 AM in Woodbridge and plan on coming to the show after that.  My wife is flying into Dulles at approximately 3:30 PM.  SSSSOOOOO, my plans (you know what happens to the best laid plans of mice and men) are to be there from about 11:30 until 3:15ish.  So, if you need a weak back and mind, I'm there.

Bruce

DR Buck

Quote.........are to be there from about 11:30 until 3:15ish.

Doors open to the public at 12:00.

but the line starts forming at 11:30ish  :D

DR Buck

Went to the show facility today with some help and got most of the display set up.   We'll put the finishing touches on in the morning and will be ready when the doors open at noon.    I'm taking the camera so I'll have some pictures to post afterwards.

Dan_Shade

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

submarinesailor

My plans are still a go.  That's only because the wife is on government travel................

Bruce

DR Buck

Day 1 of the show was a success.  8)  Lot's of people, including Dan Shade, Submarine Sailor (Bruce) and Lisa and Marty from WM PA.

Here is a picture of my booth space just before the doors opened to the public.

This is a picture showing how I finally ended up displaying my boards and large slabs.

thecfarm

That would get my attention.Let us know how it all worked out for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

I've never been to one of these shindigs, you get a lot of people walking with boards over their shoulder whacking each other in the head?

I like the racks. Nice and simple and shows off the different sized boards well.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dan_Shade

I went up yesterday and "helped" out DR_Buck a bit, most folks aren't interested in the long stuff, but they want short peices that are easy to carry around.  This show was pretty nice, lots of neat stuff. 

Thank You Sponsors!