iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Linn Tractor

Started by dgdrls, December 31, 2017, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

In an effort not to hi-jack Loggah's thread on his Lombard and  the work he did and shared with us
I thought this would be in order.

Quote from: Bruno of NH on December 30, 2017, 06:51:59 PM
Do you have pictures with a snow plow on one ?

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/l/linn_mfg/linn_mfg.htm

:new_year:

D

loggah

That is probably the best linn documention out there, even if they have a few lombard pictures described as Linns :D .My1925 Linn was originally a plow truck for the city of morris N.Y., was rebuilt in 1931 and was sold to Ford & Smiley Linn and Buick dealers in Skowhegan Maine. They sold it to Joe Chinchette  a maine contractor and was used for hauling and snowplowing. Joe Chinchette 's business is still going strong with family members,it is now "CHINBRO" bridge and highway contractors. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

51cub

I'm liking both of these threads. Keep the history coming! I appreciate the work you're both putting out to us, thank you!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Crusarius

now I have this overwhelming urge to build something very similar. I happen to have a 1987 Jeep comanche 2wd metric ton with a straight 6 in it. I bet that would be a fun platform to start with :)

loggah

A few years ago a person in Canaan had a old cletrac crawler,took out the engine and radiator ,and grafted the front of a small toyota  ,or datsun pickup to the front of it. I dont think it would steer very quickly unless he made up linkage from the steering brakes and put it into the cab, i didn't check it out that close. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Crusarius

that sounds intertesting but I couldn't cannabalize the OC3 we have.

breederman

Loggah  , Morris is no city! Lol it's a small town about 15 miles from here. I need to stop and take a picture of the one they have on display in town.
Together we got this !

loggah

Its probably bigger then the town i live in !!Campton!!  :D I know they have tractor serial number 1 there ,and its in running condition,pretty amazing it would be 101 years old. Don

Thank You Sponsors!