iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lots of new things cooking (first trailer picture)

Started by Bruno of NH, December 16, 2021, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

A lot has been going on at the mill.
Sharpener and setter coming
I now sell a whole line of planed pine lumber.
Square edge , patterns , beveled siding and Japanese cedar 1x6 v-groove .
I'm going to be doing a long term demo on a new kind of 7x10 live deck trailer.
I can't wait to show you guys this thing and use it around the mill and delivering firewood.
The sales on planed lumber has worked out great. Sell the customers rough sawn then finish the sale with finished lumber.
Feeling blessed but tired  :D it adds more work but I like it.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

hey excellent.  glad to hear things are lookin up finally. 
Praise The Lord

Old Greenhorn

8) THIS IS SUPER NEWS BRUNO! Actually I have felt things have been falling your way for about a year now, ever since that guy you were paying to break your skid-steer went away. :D Those raised bed planters and the other neat little product ideas took off well and it seemed like everything you tired was bearing fruit. Now the finished lumber is adding to your margins. You will be a mogul soon!
 BTW, how are you making your tapered siding?
 I have been meaning to search for your raised bed boxes, that was a good thread and I have a client that may be looking for some in the spring. I recall your design was pretty simple, neat and functional.
 Glad things are turning your way! You deserve it!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

I thought by the title of the thread this would have to do with food... ;D

Every added improvement from rough cut to finished goods adds value. smiley_thumbsup 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Bruno of NH

I forgot to add that a very popular New England garden center is thinking about taking on my garden beds.
I would build them out of 2 woods .
I will be making a presentation to the buyer in a few weeks.
Found a place to store them before pickup. 
I been working hard on this stuff.
I have good people around me now, that understand that it benefits them as well .
I just an old fat red neck trying to make it in the movies   :D
I'm not pretty but can get some stuff done.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

OH logger

john

Bruno of NH

Quote from: OH logger on December 26, 2021, 01:27:51 PM
Live deck trailer?? I'm curious
I should have it this week or next.
I will post pictures when it gets in

Crossroads

That's great! Keep up the good work!!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

hacknchop

Great things happen when good people work for them.You have been working hard and it's nice to see things working out for you.
Often wrong never indoubt

newoodguy78

Keep up the good work Bruno, it's nice to hear things are coming together for you. 

Bruno of NH

The trailer just arrived. 
The first picture more will come in the morning. 
It's a Ants live floor trailer.
The live floor will move a 5'000 lb load.
If the battery goes dead it can be unloaded with a crank system. With hardly any effort to crank.

stavebuyer

I "dumped" my dump trailer. I mostly used mine to haul off log yard debris and needed to when things were frozen. Which generally means 0-dark thirty in Ky.  Fiddling around in the dark underneath a loaded trailer trying to bypass a short gets old fast. That is a huge advance and will serve you well.

Old Greenhorn

Man Bruno, that is some fancy trailer! I just went and looked at their videos, very neat design! Using it for lumber packs?
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 27, 2021, 07:24:29 PM
Man Bruno, that is some fancy trailer! I just went and looked at their videos, very neat design! Using it for lumber packs?
Yes packs of lumber and firewood

Old Greenhorn

Hey, c'mon Bruno! The sun has been up for nearly an hour and we wanna see some daylight photos! They way that thing dumps and feeds is pretty unique. I didn't see any prices on their web page but I am guessing it wasn't cheap. I assume you fit not get the side dump feature, it doesn't fir your needs, but I liked that also. Neat engineering. Best of luck with that man!

barbender

You could fire wood right into someone's basement firewood chute with the side dump feature! That is a cool trailer!
Too many irons in the fire

alan gage

What an interesting trailer. Very interested to see how that works out.  Could be very versatile. 

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Bruno of NH

l

I have it for 5 weeks to give it a workout and tell them what in like and don't like
It's a prototype unit.
After that I will have them build me one.
They already have some stuff they are going to add.

Bruno of NH

The floor walks back and forth.
If the battery runs out it hand cranks.
You can get a remote 

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Resonator

Ran many miles with a semi PTO driven live bottom (belt) trailer hauling stone, shoulder gravel, and hot asphalt. We never ran the belt backwards, and kept the bed covered with a built in tarp. Big thing was to keep the belt clean so nothing would jam it up, or I suppose on yours in winter you'd keep it from freezing up.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Walnut Beast

Nice! Keep us posted 👍. Where are they at on price point and trailer weight that size ?

Bruno of NH

Delivered a cord of wood with the Ants 7/10 today.
Much better than a dump.
The pile stacked right up nice and no hangers to dig out of the bed.
It has small sides so it could be shown on the trailer show floor. Easy to see inside.

firefighter ontheside

That's a neat trailer, but I don't see any live edges anywhere.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!