The Weather 2022

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2021, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

To avoid threads like the weather getting too long and bogging down the server, we will start a new one.  :)

Weather here on New Years day is good, bit of breeze, but warm and sunny.

Have stolen Lil's picture from today 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Oh, have we turned a new page? zzzz_smiley

And it's a mild Jan 1st, rain showers today. 32F

Have an even better year ahead. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

happy new year and it is 21° here in Ks, and dark.   :) yard braced for snow with the bucket on the trackloader and staged in case we get more than planned.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Well that shower, we had in 2021 did not turn to snow. 32°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

snow in western Ks, we are to get some, 18° with a low of 4° coming, with 35 mph winds, with wind chills of - 10° to 15°.  there are you happy now?   :) :) :)  

:new_year:      usflag
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

:new_year:
43° at 6am this morning! Not supposed to drop below 40 until early Monday morning now, but rainy and wet the whole time. Yesterday was about like that but cooler, hi was 43. Solid overcast and dreary all through. I did some shop work, but mostly I read a good book.

Although it's quite warm, the rain will keep me inside until the cold returns and we get some sunshine. I sure would like to finish the orders at the mill before the other shoe drops.

Best wishes in the coming year, may you keep what you have for your health and suffer no set backs while you come out the other end in better shape than you went in. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

Now that it's day light I can see the fog. Can't see the field up on the hill.
Not much snow to melt.
I hope things go better for all FF members in 2022.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clearcut

Sunny and upper 40s through the weekend. Rain and snow retuning on Tuesday then Thursday through Saturday.

Currently working hazard tree removal on the Caldor fire footprint, near South Lake Tahoe. Operations were suspended all last week, and most of the week before  Christmas due to deep snow and stormy conditions. Over 2 feet at our lowest elevations, up to 17 feet in the upper. Could take a while before resuming. 

Power has been out since early Monday morning. PG&E expects to task a crew to investigate the cause of the outage by late Sunday at the earliest. Thousands of homes are still without power. In the upper elevations multiple poles and major lines are snapped with limited access for repair crews.

On the bright side, the creeks are running and the reservoirs are filling.

Best to all in the coming New Year.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Nebraska

+1° spitting snow.  Plenty of  North wind. Just about got the ground white. Think most of the snow is going south of us.

Probably good day to stay inside and do book work.

goose63

23 below what at 4 pm 13 below now Ican rember when 20 below was the high for the day

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Been mostly fog with off and on rain here. Only 34F though. Suppose to get snow later.

Drive way is almost all bare to gravel. Now for a good foot of dry stuff, will make for good shoeing. :D Colder Monday, but above zero.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wisconsitom

Ask me about hybrid larch!

Southside

74 and muggy here, at least the breeze is keeping it tolerable. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

So far they have failed on all their snowfall predictions up here, by a long shot. :D  One day it will be snow in three days, oh wait, nope now rain, ok a little snow then on the back end. It's pathetic. :D :D :D

thecfarm

Was wet here all day, temp went up to 36°.
Probably white in the morning.

doc henderson

snow, Ice, and 6°.  had a fire in the wood stove in the house.  I have had a few warmers in the shop this year (thermostat kept at 55° out there).  Nice fire going when I went to sleep and added wood and it took off nice this afternoon.  first real fire of the season.

farmfromkansas

Here a few miles north of Doc, we have 7 degrees at 8pm.  Been burning the wood stove in the basement all day.  Full of coals now.  Started a fire in the shop furnace, was down to 36 in there, don't want it to freeze.  Hope the forecast for a warm up is right, pretty tough to stand the kind of drop in temperature we had here.  Hard on the cows.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Ianab

We hit 82F here today, although I went for a Sunday drive with the aircon on. Mistake was I stopped to check out a waterfall out East, and it was 86 there.  :D

Sorry for the folks with ice and snow, but it is what it is.  ;D

Oh, the waterfall? It's not a huge one, but it drops 74m into the bowl below, so worth the 10min walk to see it. 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

86 is better than 96, if that was as hot as it got all summer up here, then I could tolerate it. Then even better if the bugs ain't here. :D

I can tell you're suffering something awful.  :D :D  Looks like SXS biking country to me. Some looks like golf cart ground. ;D

SwampDonkey

34F this morning and the snow is slowly creeping off the porch roof. Fog and melting snow. ;D

farmfromkansas

Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Walnut Beast

-6 with a -17 wind chill to take a three mile stroll with Diesel man( that's always ready) that caries his glow ball

thecfarm

Yes, I saw them cold temps across the US on news.
I have 34° and no snow, yet. Maybe this afternoon. might be rain?

Old Greenhorn

Strange weather here. For the last 36 hours he dew point and the air temp has been exactly the same with only a few minutes of minor variation. Never recall seeing anything like that. This means the water just hangs in the air, everything stays wet. It's been warm. Went to a party yesterday and wore a very light jacket, temp was 45. 
 Now we are on a downward trend since midnight and it should bottom at about 20° tomorrow around dawn. Then we MIGHT finally see the sun again (assuming it is still there). It should stay cool & clear for a couple of days and then I think it will warm again and we repeat the process.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

It's below freezing now and all we had was a snow shower since daylight. No big storm. ::) I knew it wouldn't be because hardly any rain to it before hand, just mostly fog.