iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2022

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2021, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Light rain down in the valley here (Sacramento) with light snow falling up on the passes (7,000') and a wintery mix (snow/rain) at my cabin site.  Will go through Sunday morning.  Clear for New Year's but storms on track for all next week.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

32F and fog rolling over the land. Getting ready to rain I guess. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Still dark here at 5:30am. Won't know about fog until I leave for work at 6:30 with the headlights on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Judging by farm yard lights here, surrounded by fog. ;D Daylight is 45 minutes away.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Not many moose on my land. Now go up Gordon hill about a mile and there are a few up there.
Last one I saw was on the Rocky Highway across my bog. I was on the tractor bringing another load of rocks for another coating and saw it. If I would not have looked when I did, I would have not seen it.
Lots of deer when I feed them. Well at one time.
During hunting season might be as many, just don't see them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

46° and clear at 7 AM today!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

Fog here too, kinda looked more like smoke than fog.

SwampDonkey

I had 2" inches to scoop out of the yard earlier from 5 days of light snow and it started to sprinkle some then stopped soon after, so it's coming. Snow is packy for snow balls. ;D

SwampDonkey

40F this morning. Had some rain in the night, but no gully washer. No wind.

Chuck White

We reached 56° for a hi yesterday, lot of snow went down the drain.

Woke up this morning to 36°
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom King

The good thing about those 2 to 3 foot waves rolling in our cove (pictures in this thread on the 23rd) was that it completely scoured the bottom of the swimming area, down to bare sand.

It washed up a couple of tons of debris.  I moved that with the tractor, and we have a beach now.

After this, I went back down there with the lawnmower and blew all the small stuff up the hill, so it's almost bare sand now but I forgot to take another picture.

B.C.C. Lapp

50 degrees and raining steady.  The grounds so wet I cant even get into the wood yard let alone log.  Going to be a long week pacing around waiting for the weather to get "normal" for this time of year.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

firefighter ontheside

Highs in the upper 50s this weekend and then thunderstorms and an inch of rain coming Monday.  It feels like winter is already over and it just started.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

thecfarm

I have 42° and the ground feels soft to walk on.

SwampDonkey

Doesn't look like much cool down until about next Thursday.

sawguy21

0 here, 32F, and almost feels like spring. It is supposed to stay like this for at least two weeks but I expect we will get nailed in February.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ljohnsaw

Closing out the year.  Was raining up there yesterday but now this will be the last of the traffic coming down from Tahoe.  I80 is closed both direction over the summit due to white out conditions.  The radar show orange and red rain showers covering a large area that turns to snow at this elevation.  What you don't see in this picture is the wind that is wiping the tress around.

Supposed to be clear tomorrow then a series of colder storms blowing through Monday-Saturday.  More snow and less flooding down in the valley.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

I have 40° and a light rain.
Good bye 2022

barbender

Closed out the year at 27° here in northern MN.
Too many irons in the fire

Ianab

And that's a wrap for 2022. Feel free to post your weather updates in the new thread.  :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=121055.0
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!