Organizing photos in my Gallery

Started by fluidpowerpro, March 15, 2022, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidpowerpro

I would like to organize the photos in my Gallery. Ive played around a bit trying to figure out how, but am not having any luck. 
One issue is that I always end up getting the message "server is unresponsive" so then I'm stuck. If I wouldnt get this message, maybe I could figure it out myself, but cant even get to that point...
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

thecfarm

Might be having internet problems. 
I suppose you are seeing Home My Gallery, then the last one is My profile.
Click onto that, a drop will appear, then create/order my albums.
I have a bunch of different albums. It's just easier for me to find a certain picture.
I think this is right. I have not down loaded a picture for years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

I am not 100% sure but, I am pretty confident if you have linked images in your gallery and you move them or rename them then your linked images in your post will be broken. I would recommend you start new folders and organize more from this point on.

@jeff will be able to answer this question better.

Don P

Correct, don't go "cleaning up" your gallery, your picture links will start breaking.

Jeff

No, actually I think you can move a photo to a new album, as the photos are served by the database, and its an entry for the pic in the database, with the address. if someone wants to upload a photo, post it here, then move it to another album, to see if its still here to test it. 

Me, I'm going to bed. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Don P

Moved to folder "houses" saved changes, and posting from that folder. Is the pic above there and the same as this one.

Don P

Well I'll be!  ;D

Somewhere in the Black mining hills of Dakota. Somehow it came out that Michelle had always wanted to go on a horse drawn sleigh ride. Bob, the gentleman in the sweater didn't let on but his gears were turning. Time goes by. A sleigh pulls up on the jobsite  :).

Crusarius

nice. thats good to know. I have wanted to move stuff around to.

Don P

Proving to myself yet again what Mark Twain said "It isn't what you know, it's what you know that just ain't so". I had somehow come to the conclusion I couldn't make new albums or move anything. I got some dusting to do  :D.

Jeff

The only reason I assumed you could do it, and if you look in my gallery, you will see ive dumped everything in the same box for years, is that on the server level, the actual files are all in each user's numbered directory together. No album divisions there. :)

Crusarius

Ahhh the insider look tells the truth :)

fluidpowerpro

Forgive me but after reading the posts below, I'm not sure what the answer is. 
Is there a way to organize photos? If so, how do I do it?
Thanks,
Tom
Change is hard....

Don P

Go to your gallery, open the album with the pic in question, open the pic and click "edit", the pic will pop up with this screen;

Any time you see that album drop down you can change the album and save changes and it should move it. You can see the edge of the "save changes button sticking out under the bottom right of the drop down menu in the pic above. When you click it the change happens. ...I hope  :)

Jeff

Just Never Delete a photo you have in a post!!!!

fluidpowerpro

Thanks for the help. I went in to my gallery and was able to move photos into new folders, but noticed that then the photo was in both places. When I delete the photo from the original gallery, it also deletes it from the one I moved it to. 
Am I making sense? 
Not a big deal. In the future I will just need to be more careful to put photos where I want them in the first place.
Change is hard....

Jeff

You can never ever delete photos if used in a post.  You need to go check your old posts and see if they are messed up and of they are, fix them.  When you move a photo you move it. There is one copy of the photo.

fluidpowerpro

Just went through my old posts. Nothing appeared to be wrong.
Change is hard....

Jeff

Thank goodness. That can be a mess

Prizl tha Chizl

I can't seem to locate the drop down for create a new folder in my phone. It must be somewhere, because I created one already... 
"The Woods Is My Church"

Jeff

Prizl tha Chizl

DOH! Had to review the steps again, I guess it didn't seem natural to me to go to "my profile"
"The Woods Is My Church"