iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Mill Is Here

Started by 038magnum, July 31, 2012, 05:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I inflicted more damage due to "operator error" in the first couple days than I've done since!  So many bright and shiny knobs, buttons, and levers...
Congratulations and good luck 8)
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Wallys World

Let me know if you need some help, I'm just over in the Lynchburg area.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Leigh Family Farm

Any pictures of the whole mill in place?
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

038magnum

I am hoping to get it around the 18th of this month. When I get it I will take pics before I break anything on it.

Solomon

I know how it is, I waited five years to buy mine.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

dMizer

Magnum, so you're the one who had Marty twist my arm to build the wide head LT70?

Just kidding...We built some custom wide head mills for a few customers in South America cutting big, tropical logs. The customers loved them so we figured we would offer them in the U.S. as well.

The nice thing with the DCS joysticks is that you can prop up your leg and saw away. Just be sure to keep both hands on the controls and resist the temptation to scratch at the sawdust falling into the cast  :)

Enjoy the mill when it arrives.

Darryl
Wood-Mizer Sales Director

Thank You Sponsors!