iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NY DEC takes a beating

Started by Shagy, June 28, 2010, 11:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shagy

After 11 public hearings the DEC has taken such a beating on the proposed regulations on outdoor boilers thet are now going to rewrite from the start. Mr Barns of the DEC who wrote this as instructed by Attorney General Como and Gov Patterson anounced at the last 2 meetings they would rewrite this proposal. Do I trust our great leaders??? NO but this is what they say they will do. THANKS to all who stood up to the State and made this possible. Out of 20,000 + boilers the DEC had 70 formal complaints. They need to look at those and not the rest who properly burn their units
The problem with common scene is that it's not so common...... Mark Twain

thecfarm

A few bad apples always spoil it for the others. But there are some that will make complaint without even getting all the facts.Just because someone else has seen "one" that smokes all the time.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tug Hill Walt

70 complaints against 20,000 units???  When i read the proposal my first thought was the proposal was written by the petrolum institite.  It seems every time us "little people" try to do something to become energy independent a government program is written to bring us back in line. Some times it is hard not to become a vast government conspericy theoryist.

tonto

This makes me cautiously optimistic about being able to keep my boiler operating and saving me about $2500 a year not buying fuel oil. I would also bet that those 70 complaints were duplicates about the same ones. I did a lot of planning when I put mine in and my neighbors are 50' on both sides of me and they have not been smoked out once in a year and a half and I burn mine right through the summer. You just have to smart about how you operate it. There is a guy across the street from me that has one and 4 or 5 people have in-formally complained about it because they say he burns garbage in his. I have talked to him and he denies it and has a don't care attitude about it. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

petefrom bearswamp

Glad to hear the proposed regulations are being redone.
I attended the hearing in cortland and only one fellow was in favor of the regs as written due to a neighbor burning all sorts of trash.
I hope they come up with something reasonable, but ain't holdin my breath.
I am in the country and have had no problems with either mine or my 3 neighbors furnaces which are within about 1/8 mile from me.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

doctorb

While I am not from NY, I would like to stay on top of this issue as regulation is also ongoing in Maryland.  Is there a site that I can review the struck down regs?  Could you guys also let us know when the rewritten regs are made public.

It is apparent to me that this issue is going to grow bigger than any one state in the coming years.  It behooves all of us who use OWHHs to be knowlegable about these political winds and the changes they bring.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

petefrom bearswamp

I'm sure there will be posts as this progresses, haven't heard anything yet
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!