iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One of our Fountain Frogs

Started by Jeff, July 31, 2011, 09:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, at least I think he's a frog because he acts like one, but he looks a lot like a toad, butI never saw a toad hanging out in water before. We also have some green frogs that travel between our house and the neighbor's behind us. Icey likes the frogs. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2TJXm9gLBo
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

Does the fountain double as Icey's outdoor water bowl?  If I had a fountain like that, my lab, Buzz, would climb right in, especially in this heat.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

I had one of them. First time I saw it was outside just about dark, thought it was a rat at first against the foundation. Than a few days later I saw it in the garage. Took me a minute to catch it and put it back outside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

My late lab Doc would not leave the toads alone no matter how many times I yelled at him. He'd get them in his mouth and then spend the next hour trying to get the taste out!

Jeff

Icey has a big galvanized tub we full of water by the well hydrant. She also has the pool. She usually has no interest in the fountain unless she sees the frog first, but she does no more than puts her feet up on the edge of it.

Chuck White

In our area we call those toads!

As Norm said, if a dog or cat picks one up, they will be trying to get the "nasty" out of their mouth for a while.

Toads are generally found on dry land except during the spring mating season and when fall comes I don't know if they hibernate in the mud like frogs or not, but I suspect they do!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I'm pretty sure he is a toad, but he sure thinks he's a frog. :)

Texas Ranger

Kiss it, it may be a wealthy prince or princes under a Troll's spell. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LeeB

Why would you want to torture that poor toad like that, although it would be kinda funny to see Jeff foaming at the mouth like the dogs do when they catch one.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!