iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Porcupine

Started by Bruno of NH, August 12, 2018, 12:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Skunked the first of the week got into a porcupine this morning face,nose and inside the mouth.
I tried pulling them out.
At the vets now  ;)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

gspren

Wow, lets hope the dogs a fast learner and stays away from them critters.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

I had one dog that get into them 3 times.
Only once he went to the vet. He must of got into a young one. The young ones have quills as fine as the hair on your head. :o  There was more in his mouth,but a dog's inside lip is black and so are the young quills.
Once we was down in the woods and he did not come up to the house when I left. I grabbed my Grandmother's 22 and headed back,I knew he had something. He has quills in his front foot and could not make it back to the house. I left my Grandmother's 22 and carried him back. That was quite the long walk. I took the tractor to get the gun. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Bruno it's a good thing you don't have rattlers around there is all I can say.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

It was a young one.
The quills had very little white on them.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Kindlinmaker

Quote from: gspren on August 12, 2018, 01:02:39 PM
Wow, lets hope the dogs a fast learner and stays away from them critters.
Hope it's smarter than our Goldens. One got into the same porcupine twice in one week. Double vet bills. Great companions; slow learners. 
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

Thank You Sponsors!