iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for info on Timberjack 240 E

Started by Fether Hardwoods, November 05, 2018, 07:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fether Hardwoods

I am looking at a 240 E grapple, looks like a 4 speed powershift ( don't know what brand it is) Has a winch, unsure of the brand of it either. Has a 4-53 detroit in it.
Any info or opinion on these machines would be a appreciated.
Thanks

62oliver

I have an 80's 240E, it is a cable machine with a Gearmatic winch, 4 speed standard and 4-53 non turbo,  so it sounds different than yours. It has 24.5x32 tires on it which makes it 9 feet wide so it is very stable. It is a hobby machine for me as I use it for firewood and making trails on my place. I have had it for a few years with no problems other than winch issues that it had when I bought it (which were known to me). I was looking for a 230 which I still think would have been more suitable for my purpose, but this one was staring me in the face so I went with it. Its a great machine. Surprised you haven't gotten more response to your question.
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

Fether Hardwoods

I have no experience with Timberjacks only Clark skidders so I don't really know what to look for, common issues and such. This machine would likely be a backup up to the skidder I have now but I don't need to buy another headache, I have enough of those. Haha

Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!