iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stetson Ross Moulders?

Started by FeltzE, February 13, 2005, 07:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeltzE

I just happened apon a Stetson Ross 4 Head moulder. In fairly good condition. I need to remove the top and bottom cutter heads for cleaning and repair then lube it up and should be in business.

Does anyone have knowledge on who currently handles the Stetson Ross brand? I couldn't find them on line.

The unit has 1 1/4 spindles, does anyone have heads they are inerested in selling??

Eric

HORSELOGGER

Hi Eric, I ran one for about 2 1/2 years. Mine was a 1964 XL moldmatcher with 2x 6 capacity and 8000 rpm spindles. If your has the air mist system for bearing lubrication it is the 8000 rpm model also. What is the capacity? Stetson ross is no longer in business, but the same basic design of the old XL is still made by countless importers. The 1 1/4 spindle tooling is available all over, including some really cheapy stuff from Grizzly. Try Byrd tool in Kentucky also, they are pretty affordable for new heads.
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

FeltzE

Yes it's got a air mist oiler. looks like it's got a 2 inch by 6 inch capacity.

I'll have to go out charolette NC way and take  moulder training and knife grinding training before I power this up though.

It has a 10 hp motor running both the top and bottom cutter via about a 2 1/2 inch flat belt then a 5 hp motor running both side heads the same way.

Eric

Thank You Sponsors!