iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New starter motor needed soon

Started by Quebecnewf, Yesterday at 05:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Hi guys

It's been a while since I've posted here but I have done a lot of lurking and reading .

My Kohler sawmill motor starter seems to be getting a little " lazy" .

It's a 29 year old machine so I guess that is to be expected. 

With that in mind where would be a good place to source an after market starter for my Kohler gas engine Model CH 20S

Something in Canada if possible would be best 

Quebecnewf 

RetiredTech

I'm not familiar with commerce in Canada, but I'd checkout Ebay and try to match it up there. 29 years is pretty good for a starter. Another option would be to have your old one rebuilt. The last one I had rebuilt was ready to pick up in two days.
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

bigblockyeti

Clean and lube the oilite bearings, clean the commutator and replace the brushes and It'll probably last another 29 years.

Magicman

Quote from: Quebecnewf on Yesterday at 05:19:36 AMMy Kohler sawmill motor starter seems to be getting a little " lazy" .

It's a 29 year old machine so I guess that is to be expected. 
I just replaced the starter in my 23 hp Kubota/Kohler Zero Turn today.  I did a "Google", (actually DDG), and found a replacement for $48.99 with free shipping from Amazon.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!