iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magicman came by for a visit yesterday

Started by Percy, August 02, 2019, 01:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

I knew he was coming from earlier PM conversations. As luck would have it, my edger  blew the big keyway on the main shaft and I was in town buying 1/2 inch keystock when I got the text of his arrival. Met him in the mall parking lot and had a short chin wag...Went back to the mill to assemble the edger. Then we hooked up after he and Pat got settled in at the local campsite. Took him out to the mill and showed him around...We talked alot and laughed alot too. He is a sharp witty sawyer who tells it like it is.

His lovely wife pat took this picture for us.

Here is Magic checking out the Bogley, bout the largest horizontal band saw around.

Showed him alot of my stuff, but for the most part, we just talked and laughed. He gave me a brand new Woodmizer hat, some honey, a jar of home made peach and hot pepper jam, and a walnut cookie that my wife has claimed. I think he is gonna hook up with Wes, the Bandmillbandit on his way east. Hope they hook up.

I gotta take a trip down to where alot of the forum members live some day...
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

nativewolf

Thanks for the update on his trip and for the pic of your horizontal mill.  I need to take a trip our west and see some of you guys.  That's an awesome dust collection system on that little mill.  Out of curiosity how big is the blade?  How often do you have to change blades cutting softwood?
Liking Walnut

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Percy

After rereading my original post, I can see how one might think that this was my saw. It is not. It is one of three companies sharing the lease on the 40 acres of land all three companies/mills are on. Regardless, this saw is about 100 yards from my LT70/mill/building/yaddayadda. The blade is 9 inches wide and around 30 feet long. 8)

nativewolf

Quote from: Percy on August 02, 2019, 09:19:12 AM
After rereading my original post, I can see how one might think that this was my saw. It is not. It is one of three companies sharing the lease on the 40 acres of land all three companies/mills are on. Regardless, this saw is about 100 yards from my LT70/mill/building/yaddayadda. The blade is 9 inches wide and around 30 feet long. 8)
Well that explains that.  Guess that is convenient if you have a mill issue, someone nearby that can help (I hope).  
Liking Walnut

Percy

And then today Bandmillbandit showed up. Im feeling pretty important these days with all the celebrities showing up.Thinking of starting up the OSA(old sawyers association :D :D

thecfarm

You are on a roll!!!
Even though that saw is not yours,I still like it. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!