iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

99 748gii dual arch skidder

Started by Tthinc 35, December 01, 2019, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tthinc 35

Having service brake issues, seems to be bypassing the the brake valve and locking up service brakes. Hearing a hiss/fluid sound In the valve and brakes won't release until another function is operated. Not sure if this is the valve itself or a check valve or something else. But it is burning the brakes up please any help in right direction would help thanks.

barbender

@kiko is a wealth of knowledge on those machines. I would be pulling that valve off, but I'm not familiar with that machine. I've really only been around Ponsse ctl equipment. I would probably be suspecting that either something came apart in your service brake valve, or that you're losing your hydraulic release pressure to your parking brakes.
Too many irons in the fire

Tthinc 35

Valve coming off tomorrow morning about my only option. Hopefully I can visually see an issue with it thanks for the advice

Tthinc 35

Also my brake issue is strictly locking up in final drives only parking brake releases fine upon start up, they are in transmission. So it's definitely something going on in service brakes, idk hope to find out something this morning.

nativewolf

Liking Walnut

Tthinc 35

I got it fixed pulled the brake valve disassembled it, valve spool was stuck with peices of old hydro pump metal. It's back together, resealed and working good so far. Thanks for the help guys.

Thank You Sponsors!