iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

i was humming paper roses, just so you know! :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

And if you do see Marie Osmond, you'll say "Oh my God! She got old just like me".  She even has wrinkles!  So much for that dream!   ;D
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

doc henderson

so i get up every morning, go potty  and then step on the scale.  some do not like to weigh every day, but i use it to keep me honest.  in nature we all tend to gain a few pounds a year.  does not matter if your scale matches your doctors, as long as it is consistent, it is all relative.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

No one needs to tell their ht. and wt. unless they want too.  i hate to say we may all be winners (no trophy) but if we meet our goals, then I guess we are.  @Jeff ,   did she ask about me? ;)

randy d

I tried to post last night don't know what happened but it didn't. I didn't mean to sound like I didn't want to be part of the group its just I don't have much to offer. Its not hard for me to lose weight just have to watch what I eat and stay as active as possible I did switch from sugar on my oatmeal to stevia you can use it 1 for 1. the hardest is sweet rolls at coffee time. We have a two story house and I make many trips up and down the stairs every day and also walk at a fast pace I have always liked walking fast so there is some of the ways I take off the pounds. Randy

doc henderson

I guess I was trying to say, that the success and tricks people use might be helpful to others.  congratulations on your good heath.  @randy d fear of failure is what keeps people from trying. knowing it can be done and having a strategy is part of the success.  did you know that 5% is the natural rate at which people quit smoking.  but with Dr. and or other support and a plan, it goes to over 50%.  we all have our habits, and in stress some smoke, drink, or eat as an emotional soother/crutch.  In residency we got free food and the only excuse you had to take  a break, was "I am eating right now, and will be there in half an hour" (routine emergencies).  more food meant a longer dinner break.  food filled the void left from no sleep in 36 hours.  I got away with it when younger, now not so much.  thanks for sharing how you do it!  has anyone tried hypnosis?  I know people who quit smoking and got off narcotic for pain with this?  There are weight loss drugs but lots of side effects and you have to change you behavior to keep a healthy weight.

Jeff

Stopped at the new doctor to get my BP checked and weighed. I'm down 8lbs from my visit last week.

doc henderson

great job!  i am down 4 #  and just started Monday.  i think if I had eaten the vegghetti made with zucchini noodles i would have lost more too!  :D.  great idea for the low carb. crowd.

Bruno of NH

I down 31lbs now
In 3 weeks feeling good.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

Nebraska

I  saw this when it started but didn't stop (you know good intentions) to weigh in til  now 231 #,   Christmas  and winter have been a little hard on me. I'm up about six pounds from September. ..I do a half hour yoga work out  average 5 out of seven days a week but I've been lax on my diet and I'll try to add in some more treadmill time (most boring place on the planet). Goal is my old Elk hunting weight of 218. I'M 6"1.  Ok now I'm accountable

Good on you both @Bruno of NH  , @Jeff.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

doc henderson

@Bruno of NH  as you know it will get tougher as you loose more weight.  great success.  that rate of loss cannot be sustained so anticipate that, and re double your efforts when that occurs.  carry on!

Bruno of NH

I'm ready for it Doc
I'm in it for the long haul this time.

doc henderson

You are inspiring many Bruno.  this is what I had for supper.  we got a half a beef as discussed on another thread, found this brisket a few days ago.  looked up an oven recipe.  had my son put it in the oven at noon.  have been eating it for a couple days now!  

randy d

How is the shedding of the pounds going for all of you ? mine has kind of hung up at 176- 177 # but I will get there . Randy

Jeff

I started at 307 on jan 20, this morning i am at 296.6

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jeff on February 02, 2020, 01:15:29 PM
I started at 307 on jan 20, this morning i am at 196.6
WOW, impressive loss in 12 days!  What did you do?  Cut off a few appendages? ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

The biggest thing? I was drinking 3 or 4 bottles of coke a day. Have been for a long time. That alone is 720 calories a day. I was also drinking a couple glasses of milk a day. Im drinking mostly coffee in the morning now and water the rest of the day. Cut out the snack grazing during the day of untold amounts of calories. Trying to not eat after supper as well. 

Jeff

Oh! Typoes help too!  I have corrected mine.

doc henderson

I back slid a bit.  I was up all day yesterday, but we had friends come to visit.  we went out to eat and had Chinese, only had a little rice, but the noodles hit the spot.  then one of my docs, had back issues and I ended up working all night, had a salad and meatballs.  so ate another meal, that I do usually at 01;30 am when up all night.  so wt. up a little for now.  overall doing ok and so it should average out.  this is why I weigh everyday.  

Jeff

I'm trying a first. I wanted something for the superbowl, and I saw Tammy had a head of cauliflower in the fridge, so I stole it to try and roast. Im going to use black pepper sea salt and some paprika in a mix of 2tbs of olive oil and butter to pan roast it. Never had it roasted before, only dipped in high caloric dips. I'll take some pics and put it in the food section when done. One way or the udder. :)

doc henderson

We have done roasted Brussel sprouts, and the little bit of char on the leaves make it good just as you described 

Jeff

Ill just post  it here. I topped with just an ever so slight dusting of parmesan. 

Thank You Sponsors!