iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

Quote from: Bruno of NH on April 24, 2021, 06:22:53 PM
Got my second dose of the vaccine on Tuesday.
Have felt great except my injection site is swelled up with a circle type rash.
Glad you did not have any mask issues on the follow trip.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: samandothers on April 24, 2021, 10:06:53 PM
Quote from: Bruno of NH on April 24, 2021, 06:22:53 PM
Got my second dose of the vaccine on Tuesday.
Have felt great except my injection site is swelled up with a circle type rash.
Glad you did not have any mask issues on the follow trip.
Oh I did 
Full out panic attack 
They helped me get out as quick as I could.
I don't know what I'm going to do about this issue.
It's quite embarrassing. 
I can handle lots of things but not the mask.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Bruno, I wear these.

face shields

I have bad lungs and no way I could wear a mask all day. When I go into the hospital, Dr's office is there, I have to wear a mask.
When I had the covid shot, I had the shield on, but the technician asked me to put a mask on. I can wear one for a while, but have trouble breathing with it. I kinda think the mask did me in last June when I had all that trouble.
I wear glasses and this shield does not get in the way at all.
I go into many stores and never had a problem.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen1

I wear a face shield all the time in my shop and yard when I have customerscome.  It is clipped to my WM ball cap. I can wear my glasses under it and it is easy to wash. Some store will not let me in with it on , require a mask, I either put a on a mask, or do not go back to that store. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Ljohnsaw

Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday morning (8:30).  Probably all in my head but I was somewhat cold under several blankets when I went to bed last night.  Feel fine this morning other than a sore injection site.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

samandothers

Wife and I had our second Pfizer Monday.  Nothing on Monday that we noticed.  We did take Tylenol before bed and on Tuesday morning.  Tuesday I felt tired all day but continued with planned work.  Wife had some head ache Tuesday and did lay down some in the afternoon.  Today, Wednesday, we are normal and activities as normal for both of us.

Roxie

Had my second shot of Moderna yesterday and just like the first dose, I got nothing. 

It feels great to be fully vaccinated and help your country kick some covid behind!  
Say when

Jeff

My second moderna on thursday was so far unremarkable. Wildflower on the other hand has had some issues this time when she had nothing the first shot
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

Been 3 weeks since my #2 shot and my shoulder is sore all the way to my elbow. Anyone else has that?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

doc henderson

the local site pain is as much from the "injection" as the actual med or vaccine being given.  they may have caused a little leak in a capillary bed, or vein.  is their any bruising?  still not much to worry about unless red or very swollen.  the systemic symptoms are more from the effects of the vaccine on the immune system.  you can try ICE (ice, compression, elevation)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

pineywoods

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 02, 2021, 07:03:27 AM
Been 3 weeks since my #2 shot and my shoulder is sore all the way to my elbow. Anyone else has that?
My after-effects lasted a month after the 2nd moderna. Not severe but definitely there
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Peter Drouin

The arm looks good. Just real sore.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

firefighter ontheside

The FDA is expected to approve Pfizer for kids down to 12 years next week.  I will be happy to get my 13 year old vaccinated.  It seems like only a matter of time with being at school and with playing so much soccer that he would get the virus.  He is very good though about wearing his N95 at school.  I think they expect to release it to much younger kids by the end of summer.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Lostinmn

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on May 05, 2021, 08:50:09 AMI think they expect to release it to much younger kids by the end of summer.
@firefighter
I have a 7 and 8 year old and I'm not so patiently waiting till they can get a vaccine, but what I'm seeing reported based on current progress for the under age 12 studies which are just getting underway, might be more like first quarter of 2022?  
Have you come across info showing sooner? 

doc henderson

they tend to be stingy with kids, unless catastrophic potential.  overall kids do not get as sick.  The majority of other corona viruses cause a common cold.  We have tested for those on a 22 antigen (different viruses) respiratory panel swab for years.  It used to have 4 coronas on it, and they replaced one of those with C19.  Parents that go around trying to sign their young kids up for drug studies are looked at with suspicion.  We use many drugs in pediatrics that have not been well studied.  they get studied more as they are needed to be used.  Many kids are going to be immune, as they got the disease and were asymptomatic.  I suspect, but it has not been confirmed, that kids are somewhat protected as they are possibly immune to the other corona viruses.   they are more likely to get C19 since they will be the last to be able to get vaccinated.  as we develop more heard immunity, the kids will also be at less risk as the prevalence is lower.  Of course if it is your kid that happens to gets really sick, none of the above comments will make it any better.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

gspren

My family was always quick to get us kids vaccinated, probably because my dads twin brother had polio at 3-4 years old and walked with crutches the rest of his life.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: Lostinmn on May 05, 2021, 10:53:04 AM
Quote from: firefighter ontheside on May 05, 2021, 08:50:09 AMI think they expect to release it to much younger kids by the end of summer.
@firefighter
I have a 7 and 8 year old and I'm not so patiently waiting till they can get a vaccine, but what I'm seeing reported based on current progress for the under age 12 studies which are just getting underway, might be more like first quarter of 2022?  
Have you come across info showing sooner?
I have not seen any references to young children being vaccinated earlier than end of summer, but I think there is reason to be hopeful.  A week ago they were saying that kids from 12 to 18 would be able to get vaccine this summer.  Now its next week.  Perhaps the same will happen with the younger kids.  As Doc said, the young kids are at low risk, but risk nonetheless.  Just by us parents getting vaccinated, their risk has gone way down. I'm a firefighter/emt and my wife is an audiologist and we were both often exposed to patients.  My kids biggest risk was me until I got vaccinated.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

btulloh

Va to remove covid restrictions and mask mandate for fully vaccinated people. 

Times Dispatch story

Question is: will someone be checking your card at the door?  "Your papers please".  Will some people be wearing masks still, like a scarlet letter?

In any case, it's a move towards normal.  Yessssss!
HM126

SwampDonkey

I go in Tuesday this coming week for my first shot of Pfizer-BioNTech. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

good luck, it will likely go very well.

Andries

My wife and I both had the vaccine jab, about two weeks ago.
Quick and efficient, no side effects at all.
Bet your experience will be the same SwampDonkey.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

Looks like in the state of Maine, on May 24,if you had The Shot you don't have to wear a mask. 
I wonder if you will have to carry The Card to show proof of The Shot?   ???  ???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

Or have we simply gotten the bulk of immunity done by vaccine and now it is time to get the rest of the herd immunized the other way. A vax skeptic friend's entire family just came off quarantine, happily all fine now but those weren't weenie side effects. If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough. 

gspren

Quote from: thecfarm on May 16, 2021, 05:45:43 AM
Looks like in the state of Maine, on May 24,if you had The Shot you don't have to wear a mask.
I wonder if you will have to carry The Card to show proof of The Shot?   ???  ???
I used my phone to take a close up photo of the card showing dates, batch numbers, etc. don't know if I'll need it but it's in the phone.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!