iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Let's just say... Postponed

Started by Jeff, May 27, 2020, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've been holding out hope that I would not have to make this announcement, but I think most of you knew it was coming. Certain powers that be here in Michigan have pretty much eliminated any chance we had to have the 18th annual Forestry Forum pigroast this year. It was just the final nail. :'( 

Tammy and I are so going to miss all of you. The pigroast defines us as a group. The gathering of the members at our home is simply always the highlight of our year. This year was to have an additional highlight. Our 40th wedding anniversary would have been on that very day. THAT MY FRIENDS IS NOT CANCELLED! ;o)

Thanks to all of you for filling our lives with your friendships and we can't wait for the time when we all come together again. 8)

Love,
Jeff and Tammy.

Jeff and Tammy will be here 2021.  THAT MAKES 2!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

K-Guy

Looking forward to next year!!!

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

Add yourself to the count then! :)

Warbird

Sorry to hear this but yeah, it's not that big of a surprise.  :-[  I have a dream of driving our camper down one year...

SwampDonkey

Yip, better to be safe and healthy. And we will come together another day as sure as the sun rises. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GAB

Jeff:
I need to cancel my Camp Ground reservation for this year.
Rather than cancel I'm going to try and push it out a year.
Would I be correct to assume that in 2021 it will be Aug 7th.
TIA,
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Magicman

I believe that your decision was inevitable due to this "pandemic" situation and everything that has gone with it.  We will look forward to a much brighter future in 2021, but by then no one will recognize you!!  You will have to wear a name tag.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

If I'm above ground next year count me in 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Jeff

Quote from: GAB on May 27, 2020, 03:33:53 PM
Jeff:
I need to cancel my Camp Ground reservation for this year.
Rather than cancel I'm going to try and push it out a year.
Would I be correct to assume that in 2021 it will be Aug 7th.
TIA,
Gerald
What ever the first saturday in August is

Jeff

Well, the good news is, I've only had one person email me so far and demand I remove their account because I sent this notice to members. I didn't send it to anyone that has never posted before.

Resonator

Did the pig squeal with delight when he heard the news? ???
You two enjoy your special day this year , and let's see everyone in 2021!

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

trapper

Will miss it and you and Tammy.  Our highlite of the summer.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on May 27, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
Well, the good news is, I've only had one person email me so far and demand I remove their account because I sent this notice to members. I didn't send it to anyone that has never posted before.
Chances are it was one of those 'one post wonders' that doesn't get it and came in thinking they could buy or sell something quick. No great loss there.
 Very sorry this is canceled this year but given the circumstances it's probably the prudent decision. Your 40th is a pretty big deal. That's a long time for a union. We passed ours a few years ago (43 now). It sure would have been nice to have a bunch of friends there to share it.
 I was not on the list this year, with retirement and family stuff there was just no way I could even think about it. I am still harboring the hope we can make a little adventure out of it for next year.
 Stay well, keep your head low, and find a way to rejoice and celebrate in a way that is  meaningful for you.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

fat olde elf

I'm sure you made the right decision.  I will be mailing your 40th anniversary tribute soon. Tell Wildflower she will be receiving Her annual Christmas ornament and AA plaque no later than the first Saturday in August. I will also be mailing plaques and ornaments to the usual crowd. You know who you are........Don't worry about the cost, you are all worth it.......

Last years plaque was "Hope is contagious "...Kind of ironic to mention contagious in view of our pandemic...This year's plaque says "This too shall pass" In a few days I will hit 83 and Bonnie turned 84 in February.  We are blessed with our excellent health, a loving family, a great church, and a bunch of positive friends and neighbors. See you at Pig Roast 2021 !!!!!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

doc henderson

well thanks for letting us know!!!   :D :D :D  .  I had to post something so it will cont. to come up with future posts.  i think the pig roast borders on "essential"  travel.   but as I said before, I am content with what ever decision you guys made.  now that you are back in the teens (weight loss)  are you guys really married?   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sawyerfortyish

Wow think of how much left over pork your going to have if that pig grows another year. I was hoping to get there one year but our lumberjack competition at the state fair is always the first sat in august. We're one of the sponsors and involved with it. Like everything else that's cancelled to. Anyway be safe and happy anniversary 8)

HuskyFan1977

Never been to the event yet but want to come and see everyone this year. Is there room to camp or any campgrounds nearby?
"When we fail, all is not lost, as we learned something we wouldn't otherwise know!!!"
"Tis' Better to try and fail, then to never try at all!!!"

Quotes by me

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: HuskyFan1977 on April 19, 2021, 12:36:42 PM
Never been to the event yet but want to come and see everyone this year. Is there room to camp or any campgrounds nearby?
@huskyfan1977 you picked the wrong thread here. The startup thread for this year's is found at the big PIG ROAST link in in banner at the top of the home page. Yes there is camping nearby and several of us already have reservations. Details I the other thread. See you there!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HuskyFan1977

Thanks for the heads up Old Greenhorn! Look forward to meeting you.

Dave Martin
"When we fail, all is not lost, as we learned something we wouldn't otherwise know!!!"
"Tis' Better to try and fail, then to never try at all!!!"

Quotes by me

Thank You Sponsors!