iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

corona virus swab test

Started by thecfarm, June 04, 2020, 04:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Sometimes you need a kick in the.........and  a sassing from the misses 'don't do that no more'. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

What a difference 10 days make. I am up and running!! Well not running as in running on two legs, but running on all 8 cylinders.  :D  I am feeling fantastic!!! I know now that this has been going on for a while. I have more energy and I don't fall a sleep watching the news now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

Glad to hear you feel better!  some of that may be the steroids talking.  some cannot sleep when they are on the "rhoids"! :)  although these are anti-inflammatory, and not the anabolic type (testosterone) which can cause all sorts of problems like rage!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Yes I know about the rholds, but did not feel this good when I was on them. Been off them for 3-4 days now. I can work without huffing and puffing. As I said, I should of been on meds for COPD. I betcha those other meds I take each morning helps too.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Ray
I have type 2 also
I'm obese and have changed my eating habits. 
It helps A ton.
If you do it you might get off the meds.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SwampDonkey

Well, hopefully you won't fall off the saddle for awhile now. The next time it could be a harder fall. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Did some one mention eating? :)

You take care of yourself Ray. Feeling better is a great way to feel.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

I got tested today. No symptoms, just wanted to be checked. News shows say everyone should be tested. So I got an appointment and got the test. I knew about the long swab, but I didn't know he had to hold it in there for 5 seconds. That part was not fun at all. And doing both nostrils. 
Won't get results for 5 days or so. Maybe less.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

I got my results today, as expected negative.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

thecfarm

Been more than a month since all this has started.
I am feeling fantastic, mighty fantastic.  ;D
I take a fist full of pills each morning and watch what I eat and I am up and going!!
No wonder people died in their 50's 100 years ago.
We had a big grain order about a week ago,19 bags at 50 pounds each and everyone was busy so I had to do it myself. I did not jump and bull at it, just a steady pace and I loaded all 19 bags all by myself. That is almost a half ton of grain.  ;)  1000 pounds!!!
Been working around the house and I feel fantastic!!!
I am back!!!!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gspren

Ray, do you remember when feed came in 100 lb bags? 20-25 years ago when I bought goat and pig feed it was 100 lb bags then about 15 or so years ago they switched to 50 lbs.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SwampDonkey

I remember 100 lb feed bags. I also remember handling trailer loads of 100 lb potato sacks to. And way back, I remember us handling them darn things 3 times. Piled on the floor off the rack, piled onto a tandem truck and then piled onto a rail car. I don't miss them days. :D

Then I remember we had pallets. And that was a game in itself. We'd have new pallets loaded and some truck would come in with a load of junker pallets. Then the next guy might have new ones, and he wasn't gonna swap, the potatoes had to be piled over. That crap went on all the time.

Magicman

Our fertilizer also came in 100 pound sacks.  It's hard for me to imagine how I could handle those sacks and at the time I weighed less than 125 pounds.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I can remember 100 pounds of grain. But I also remember I was too little to lift that much. I forgot when it went to 50 pounds. 

SwampDonkey

My grandfather always reminded me of carrying those canvas back cedar ribbed fishing canoes before people used trailers and racks to back down to the river. They are heavy. That was before outboards, you poled up and paddled down.

petefrom bearswamp

Linda and I are headed to town to get tested this AM
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

doc henderson

good luck Pete and Linda!  when I was 13, I wrestled 98 and did not have to loose weight.  I worked for F&A wholesale and loaded 100 pound bags of sugar.  hard to wrangle due to the tiny granular contents.  no way to pick it up that it did not try to move around your hands to the ground.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Banjo picker

I remember handling the 50 pound sacks of fertilizer 3 at a time.  No more.  There was a fertilizer plant in Cherokee Al.  Dad would pickup a 2 ton flatbed truck load and we would store it in a corn crib for use when needed.  He had a buddy that worked there and he could buy it through him at a better price.  When fertilizing the pastures he put it out in a seed sower. Hold about 25 pounds at a time.  I would fill it when he came back to the truck.  First thing I did when I started bringing the pastures back was buy a 300 lb. fertilizer dist. for the tractor.  I came up hard but proud of it.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks doc we will hear in 3 to 5 days, sooner if positive.,
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ricker

Every year, this time of the year something blooms I am allergic to, and it clogs my chest and sinus up.  I go see the doc get a prescription and an inhaler and I will be good to go in 3-4 days. No so easy this year, before they would let me go, after they gave the yearly script, to cover their butt I had the choice of a 10 day self quarantine or a Covid test with results in 3 days. So I had this swab test today, not that fun of a time.  Thought the swab was going to come out my left eye the way it was twitching and tearing up. 

stavebuyer

The swab is nothing to look forward too and doesn't mean you didn't contract the disease while waiting in line to get tested

thecfarm

I was not in a line for mine. 
Lines in Maine?? 

Ricker

No line in Augusta.  Personal service, doc came right to the truck ,she checked me out gave me the test and was gone, other than the doc, no one got within 30 feet of me.

Thank You Sponsors!