iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Knee

Started by Raider Bill, July 21, 2020, 10:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

After several postponments it appears this Thursday is the day providing I pass the rona test this afternoon.

Was supposed to be a few weeks ago but they cancelled elective surgeries. Got back on the list for tomorrow but that was cancelled.

Now we are on for Thursday at another hospital as outpatient. In at 8am, out by 5pm.

I've got 2 walkers and a cane. Any suggestions as to what else I might need or tips?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

GAB

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

My hopes for a speedy and complete recovery.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

alan gage

That's great news. Hope it all goes well.

Are you excited or nervous?

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Weekend_Sawyer

Good luck Bill.

Which side is it Brake or shifter?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Banjo picker

Hope all goes well for you.  Make sure you got your refreshments stocked in the fridge before hand.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

caveman

Good luck on the knee surgery.  You may want to start a cuss jar so you will have some mad money to restock your refreshment fridge after your knee PT.  Keep us posted.
Caveman

Raider Bill

Just got postponed again. 3rd time.

Went for the virus test but was told I'd been bumped and that my Dr will be in touch.

It's my shifting knee.

Not that I've been riding much this year.

Tacotodd

A tip: Do your PT like they tell you and don't slack about it. Always remember, just because you can lie to other people, you can't lie to yourself. Not that you would, it's just a phrase I picked up along the way and the longer I live, the more obvious to me it becomes.

My moms mother had the same thing done and refused to do her PT. All that it got her was a fused together knee that refused to work as well. 

Stay at it and you WILL overcome!
Good luck and God speed. Your trials are in our prayers.
Trying harder everyday.

Onthesauk

Go re-read Magicman's thread on knee and hip.  I've read the whole thing while it happened and I'll probably go back and read it again eventually, great info!  I've got one that's going to need replacement eventually.

Do all the work after it's done.  Good luck!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Magicman

No, not knee and hip....knee and shoulder.

You will do well Bill.  My "new" knee is now just as strong as the other side and I never even think about it during my normal activities.  The only thing that may give me any trouble is kneeling and taking a huge step downward which may over flex the new knee.  My flexion is plenty good but when I over-flex with my weight against the bended knee, it hurts, so I am careful.

Keep us posted on "when".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 21, 2020, 10:40:38 AM
I've got 2 walkers and a cane. Any suggestions as to what else I might need or tips?
Lots of ice for the first couple days. And maybe crutches for the first few days, especially if ya have to navigate any steps. 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Raider Bill

Thanks!
I have 3 steps in the house.
Had 3 sets of crutches in the shop for year. Threw them all out a few months ago as all the rubber had deteriorated.

Friend says getting on and off the crapper or chair is hard at first.

GAB

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 22, 2020, 08:35:26 AM
Thanks!
I have 3 steps in the house.
Had 3 sets of crutches in the shop for year. Threw them all out a few months ago as all the rubber had deteriorated.

Concerning the last sentence: is there a market for hydraulic or pneumatic ones?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

petefrom bearswamp

Good luck with the surgery Bill
I have had a bunch of ortho surgeries, hip knees shoulders and more.
I cant add much but concur with others that diligent PT is necessary to good recovery.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

Just got a call from hospital number 3 for a Friday surgery. On my way for the test.

Roxie

Keep us posted, so we can worry.  :D

Say when

alan gage

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 22, 2020, 08:35:26 AM

When my mom, who is overweight, was getting ready to have her knee replaced I tied a couple ropes to the ceiling joists in the bathroom with a thick dowel connecting them, like trapeze. It was easy to swing out of the way but she could use this to help pull herself up off the toilet and also used it to steady her self when stepping in/out of the shower/bath.
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Raider Bill

Just got back from the testing. 3 up the nose and they drew blood for another test.

On the way back I came into the end of a gunfight between local cops and a traffic stop. Didn't see anything so I scrammed. There's about 100 cops there now.

Just my luck, I'll be out of commission and will miss the riots.

scsmith42

Best of success to you Bill!  Hope that you'll be back on the Harley soon.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Raider Bill

Well there's not going to be any riots.
It was some crazy lady shooting it out with our cops. She lost. Not sure why yet.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

caveman

Superior training (probably why she lost).  We fished a different lake than we intended a few weeks ago due to a shootout with police.  The scene was a beehive of activity when we were approaching the boat ramp so we went to a nearby lake.  The good guys won that one too.

If you find you need some crutches, I think I still have some that are unused.  I can bring them to you.
Caveman

samandothers

Glad to hear you are progressing to in your pursuit of knee physical therapy fun!  Well at the improvement related to the PT.

Thank You Sponsors!