iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

took a tumble yesterday

Started by 47sawdust, November 01, 2020, 07:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Splitting wood with my wife yesterday, i was rolling a log closer to the splittter with a long hookaroon. It slipped and I fell backwards and landed on a small chunk just below my rib cage but not on my spine or ribs themselves.
Went to express care,no lung damage, which is good.
Tieing shoes and putting on a jacket are a challenge. Never been this sore. Glad my wife was nearby.

I'm afraid to sneeze and hope to heck I don't get the hiccups. Anybody ever die from the hiccups ? ;D

Be careful out there, and thanks for listening to me whine.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

I notice I am down on all fours now at times when I should not be. 
Lucky, so far!!! it's been flat ground with no bumps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

breederman

We aren't as nimble as we used to be. I have an ugly bruise on my upper leg from a fall I took dragging limbs last week while cutting firewood.
Together we got this !

WV Sawmiller

I don't know if anybody ever died from hiccups but after I flipped my 4 wheeler over the top of me last summer I'd literally cry if I felt a sneeze coming on. I think I posted here how good it felt when I finally could cough or sneeze again. We take those things for granted till we can't. Get well soon. I won't tell you any really funny jokes for a while. ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

realzed

Quote from: breederman on November 01, 2020, 07:41:35 AM
We aren't as nimble as we used to be. I have an ugly bruise on my upper leg from a fall I took dragging limbs last week while cutting firewood.
Ain't that the truth..  
I have an artificial knee and recently (couple of months back) had a hip replaced on the opposite side from it.
Last week while walking around behind my wood storage area checking the covers on the stacks with all of the deep leaves on the ground, I  didn't notice there was a hole in the ground about a foot or more deep and 16" or so in diameter (how it got there I'll never know) all filled up with leaves waiting for me like a trap - and I stepped right into it.
I went down so fast and hard that I swore I felt my knee insert pull out, but after lying on the ground for a good 5 minutes or so trying to take stock of what had happened, I realized everything including my new hip was still there, attached and OK - just tweaked a bit..
Took a while to get back to the camp by myself and hurt like Hell for a quite a few days afterwards - but I'm truly amazed with the speed and force that I fell with, that I didn't damage some or all of my 'replacement parts'..
Guess that glue they use is pretty good stuff!
My sons now tell me they think I should have a beeper to carry with me going forward for when I'm off by myself..
Note to self: Fill Up That *DanG Hole!

doc henderson

Hiccough singultus  spasms of the diaphragm with closure of the vocal cords.  can be stopped with vagal maneuvers.  pressing on the eyeballs, or pulling on the tongue.  People with intractable hiccups have committed suicide.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Dakota

I fell last Saturday while helping my son build a pergola on his deck.  I landed on  the edge of a big ceramic tree pot, hitting my back where the ribs enter the backbone.  I can not believe how something can hurt so bad.  I notice we are all about the same age. :-\
Dave Rinker

DbltreeBelgians

Well I'll lower the age scale down a notch but not the pain scale. Was wrapping metal trim around garage door opening and decided a concrete block would make a fine step stool.   no_no

The combination of that concrete block and the white pvc pipe resulted in pain I've not had in years. 

The end result was some mighty sore ribs from the pipe connecting with my ribs reminding me not to use concrete blocks as a step stool.
I knew better. Sometimes you're your own worst enemy.

Brent

47sawdust

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Nice to know I'm in good company.

How many have ever stood on the top of a step ladder in spite of the warning signs ?

Guilty as charged, here.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mike_belben

I used to stand on the top step of a 16ft A frame and jump/hoist myself up into the filthy black angle iron crossties of the forge department ceiling, then shuffle walk the length of them to get to the exhaust fans that needed belts changed, on 3rd shift alone, with a tool belt. Or climb the outside vertical steel escape ladders one handed with a 3hp e-motor in a headlock in the rain for heat treat. Change tube lights while standing on the top of the 20ft scissorlift cage with both hands in the air.

The magic wand waving safety dept stuff stayed on day shift.  A factory dont fix itself.. Some disposable fool has to climb or crawl up there or under there and actually do the job when no one is watching.  That it was me for ten years certainly developed a certain resentment for the lies clean clothes wearing corporate middlemen tell to keep auditors and insurance companies happy.  Here sign this thing, then go do the exact thing you signed that you arent doing. Every week.
Praise The Lord

Sedgehammer

That's corporates way of you not being able to sue them. I remember working in the oil fields and then later with our dump trucks. Safety meeting usually consisted of us all signing the sign in sheet that we had the safety meeting and understood everything. Never had the meeting.....
Necessity is the engine of drive

Thank You Sponsors!