The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Have YOU had COVID-19?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
Re: Have YOU had COVID-19?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 08:02:11 AM »
I believe that when this is over, the total "social behavior" is going to be quite different than what we were used to before COVID appeared!

Most likely some good, some not so good!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF 1989, Retired School Bus Driver 2012, now semi-retired Mobile Sawyer, 2018 Silverado 4X4
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 Kohler - Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 08:16:01 AM »
Never had covid or know of anyone who has it, life has been quiet in the "Atlantic bubble", life hasn't really changed here since the pandemic except masks in stores, the most cases we had in one day was 80 back last May, since then we often go days without a case. Been thankful for living here.
Nothing worth having comes without a fight, gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »
I believe that when this is over, the total "social behavior" is going to be quite different than what we were used to before COVID appeared!

I was thinking that too Chuck, I believe we will see it in the new generation of kids more than anything, since they are still developing social skills and what not, I figure it would mess with their ability to "read" people, since they get no cues when chatting to people with a mask on, they just see a mask and eyes, no smiles etc. just my .2
Nothing worth having comes without a fight, gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight

Offline azmtnman

• Not new. Still learnin'!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 11:59:00 PM »

The masks can go away now. Where I live, a lot of people have embraced the "anonymity" of the whole mask thing. The social distancing in stores is fine with me!
 I'm tired of the nonsensical BS. Example: My wife has to have an outpatient procedure in May. Hospital tells her she needs a COVID test 7 days before her procedure!!!  She told them she was fully vaccinated and showed proof. Still had to schedule it. huh-smiley huh-smiley huh-smiley If it was an issue, how many opportunities would she have in 7 days to contract it?? That makes no sense in any part of this pandemic! Hosptial did call a couple days later and told her they had changed their policy and the test was no longer necessary.
  AZ has lifted any "mandatory" restrictions. Some national chains, especially resturants, still have their broad spectrum, one-size-fits-everywhere policies in place. Most of the fast food chain's dining rooms are still closed or on limited hours (like viruses only spread certain hours of the day!) I'd be fine going to my local diner, walking in without a mask and sitting near other unmasked people, talking to my unmasked waitress but sometimes I need fast food and can't go through the drive-thru with my trailer!
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Covid question

Started by Dewey on Sawmills and Milling

12 Replies
Last post July 10, 2020, 09:06:57 AM
by lazyflee
xx
Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey

Started by ljohnsaw on Health and Safety

86 Replies
Last post May 31, 2021, 10:00:29 AM
by doc henderson
moved
MOVED: Current Covid "Red zones" in USA?

Started by Jeff on Health and Safety

0 Replies
Last post October 30, 2020, 09:47:25 AM
by Jeff