Funny Story

Started by Tam-i-am, January 15, 2021, 11:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

As good practice we do internet searches for all things Logrite.  A couple of months ago a Logrite arch appeared on an auction site.  It was advertise as a logging arch.  Curious we opened it and found a custom arch we had done.  This was no logging arch! (and certainly a buyer beware situation)

A couple of days ago, a gentleman called and said "I saw one of your arches on craig's list but I can't find it on your website.  Can you please tell me what it is, a little about it and would it be a good buy?"  Before he could finish I knew what it was but asked for pictures to be sure.  Here are the pics he sent:

Here is a pic in our shop before it left:

We were approached by a company to make a giant arch.  It was not going to be used for logging but as a harness for a secret project.  So the arch was very tall and did not need to carry very much weight.  Being so tall, the arch does not have a good center of gravity and the hubs are only rated for 2000 pounds like our midsize arches.  I cautioned the gentlemen and being a welder he decided to buy it.  I hope it all works for him.

Here is a video for the secret product(no longer secret) the arch was to harness to keep from falling during its testing phase:
BigDog Overview (Updated March 2010) - YouTube
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

zinc oxide

Wonder when the company will change its name to Cyberdyne Systems®?

Ljohnsaw

I guess that thing will never be sneaking up on someone!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Hilltop366

Looks like they have made some refinements.

Spot's Got an Arm! - YouTube

Tacotodd

Pretty cool. It can: get your beer from da fridge, pick up your dirty undies, draw on da concrete, and just about anything else. Just don't make it self aware! The beginning of the end if you do!
Trying harder everyday.

Tam-i-am

That's a lot of $$$ to pick up laundry.  Maybe I should ask Kevin for a raise.  ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Tacotodd

Maybe even get him to pick up everybody's laundry for you! That's gotta be a good job in return, considering all my wife does for me. That's what I do here at the house.
Trying harder everyday.

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: ljohnsaw on January 20, 2021, 01:17:33 PM
I guess that thing will never be sneaking up on someone!
Not very stealthy was my first thought!