iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hudson Badger

Started by Technoid, March 03, 2021, 01:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technoid

Hello, I just joined this site. I purchased a Hudson badger and waiting about 4 months for the factory build. I should have it some time in April 2021. Very excited about it. It's coming with optional 6 way wedge and conveyor.  I have split wood over the years from by hand to using a White log splitter that has horizontal and vertical position. That old log splitter has had plenty of use and still works great. But my body is wearing out. My back is shot and my hands have carpotunnel.  So the badger will help me tremondously. My main heat source is wood and I burn about 15 cords a year to heat 5,000 square ft home. I own a tractor with heavy forks for log lifting. So moving long logs is not a problem. I don't ever want to pick up a chain saw again.  : Update, my Hudson dealer just told me due to the covic the manufacturing plant was closed during the whole month of Jan 2021. They are back logged with saw mill and firewood processors orders. I won't get my Badger until June. I really did not want to be doing firewood in June.

ButchC

Welcome, 
My home built processor was designed after the Badger only on steroids. While not the best for a big time firewood operation it is a good design for the home owner I think. I am with ya on the wore out deal but I still like to burn wood and manage to get it done. I work part time at a saw mill and get all the slab I want free for taking. Brought home 4 bundles of Hickory this week.  my next project is a semi automated cut off saw for slabwood. I have everything here to build it, just need to get-er-done.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!