The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: I just Ordered a Woodland Mills band mill  (Read 894 times)

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Share Post
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
Re: I just Ordered a Woodland Mills band mill
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 06:55:05 PM »
After looking for a parts kit I still owe the FF member who bought my Peterson for 2 hrs, I needed a change of pace.
I started moving 2 big piles of logs to clear the way for the saw shed I'll build for my new sawmill. When I was put on a no work order for 8 weeks after my cancer surgery in 2018, my log pile and plans went down the tube. That set me so far behind on my other work, with maple , and working blueberries, I never got back to sawing. The work back log is just now beginning to get caught up. Anyways, when moving some of the log pile I had 2 that were no longer usable, punky. I didn't even figure what they were, but they are now rotting in the woods. So far the rest look good. I only got 8 big logs moved to a new location so far. More tomorrow, after I resume hunting up a parts kit for the Peterson. Then I'll move more logs, I hope almost all are still good. I suspect the rotten ones were some ash I took down, but with no bark I'm not sure. I did move some big Spruce, still good. I have a lot more spruce in the pile, to be moved. I don't think I had any oak nor cherry, mostly spruce, hemlock and ash. Likely a couple of red maple too, they might be history after setting 4 years now. I'll know soon. When I get the good ones piled again, I'll get a picture. Most if not all of the logs would have been sawed in 2018 or 2019. Some to sell, most to build an addition on my shop and one other storage building.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, woodland Mills HM130Max (on order), maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Woodland Mills band sharpener

Started by paul case on Sawmills and Milling

13 Replies
Last post May 04, 2021, 03:20:42 PM
by Tristen
xx
New mill, my first - Woodland Mills HM130

Started by ChugiakTinkerer on Sawmills and Milling

41 Replies
Last post November 26, 2017, 03:25:00 PM
by PC-Urban-Sawyer