iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey

Started by Ljohnsaw, May 03, 2021, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Stephen1 on May 04, 2021, 11:33:47 AM
 Something along the lines of taking antibiotics, take it all untill it is finnished .
Funny thing Stephen, my wife recently needed an antibiotic.  The pharmacist told her to take it until she felt better then one more day and stop.   That sounded strange to us so she calls her doc's office and the nurse said that now they have reversed that and say the reason antibiotics don't work as well as they once did is because we DID all continue them until done and all this time and all these years they told us to make sure and finish them. Now they say that was wrong.   
I don't know what to think, I'm a logger not a medical professional. Who knows?
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Paul_H

Quote from: gspren on May 08, 2021, 02:01:00 PM
I'm talking before covid you'd hear of heart attacks, annurisms, etc killing someone in their 20s, 30s, 40s that was slim, athletic, non smoker/drinker and peoples nature is to "blame" it on something they did, well now those deaths are blamed on either covid or the vaccine when it was just going to happen anyway. That's my opinion and if you are looking for an excuse to do or not to do the vaccine it's easy either way.
That's the way I see it too, covid deaths and vaccine deaths or injury should both be reported without bias. To say they were going to die anyway on one can be applied to the other. Whether it's the flu, covid, a experimental vaccine , nature or a freak accident that takes us we need to continue living. 
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Sailor Mars

Got two pfizer shots and had minimal side effects, mainly just a sore arm from the shot which wore off the next day, and minor fatigue which was remedied by lots of power naps  :D I'm young and healthy so I've never been super worried about getting COVID myself. That being said, I am around a lot of immunocompromised people and older folk, especially in this field, and thought it would be in my best interest to lessen the risk and the spread as much as I can besides following public guidelines 
Forestry undergrad, forest tech and trail crew work

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sailor Mars!

Where abouts, NY is pretty big!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doc henderson

My daughter Monique, 22 y/o, healthy, just got the Moderna at Walmart.  My wife is working and said they had some to use up.  We got to leave a little early.  I sure would not have my daughter do it if I thought is was unsafe.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sailor Mars

Quote from: Chuck White on May 09, 2021, 03:39:35 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sailor Mars!

Thank you!
I'm from Brooklyn (NYC), but currently at school up in Wanakena for Forest Technology (graduating this week, super excited). I'm headed back to Syracuse for a degree in Natural Resources Management and to cruise timber this summer. I'm pretty sure I've driven by Russell a couple times!
Forestry undergrad, forest tech and trail crew work

Texas Ranger

Quote from: Sailor Mars on May 09, 2021, 03:27:12 PM
Got two pfizer shots and had minimal side effects, mainly just a sore arm from the shot which wore off the next day, and minor fatigue which was remedied by lots of power naps  :D I'm young and healthy so I've never been super worried about getting COVID myself. That being said, I am around a lot of immunocompromised people and older folk, especially in this field, and thought it would be in my best interest to lessen the risk and the spread as much as I can besides following public guidelines
thinking about other people is an honorable trait, and welcome to the forum.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

Quote from: Sailor Mars on May 09, 2021, 06:18:16 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on May 09, 2021, 03:39:35 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sailor Mars!

Thank you!
I'm from Brooklyn (NYC), but currently at school up in Wanakena for Forest Technology (graduating this week, super excited). I'm headed back to Syracuse for a degree in Natural Resources Management and to cruise timber this summer. I'm pretty sure I've driven by Russell a couple times!
Russell is about 15 miles south of Canton and about 130 miles North of Syracuse.
As you likely know, Canton is a 2-college town, SUNY & St Lawrence University!
Over the many years, I've been by Wanakena quite a few times!
Good luck in your ventures!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

firefighter ontheside

My almost 14 year old should have his first shot by end of next week I hope.  Even if its available to him this week, we will hold off due to his upcoming soccer tourney next weekend.  Don't want him with side effects while playing.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Peter Drouin

4 weeks and the arm is still sore. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ellmoe

I had the Moderna vaccine and had very sore arm after each shot. After the second , just very mild symptoms . My wife and 30 year old son both had the same shots. They both had sore arms after first shot but suffered from chill and fever for a day plus after the second shots. After that  , no problems.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

PoginyHill

Got the JNJ 6 weeks ago. Nothin' - not even a sore arm. But a bad poke, hematoma around the injection. Must have hit a vessel. Wondering if I got a placebo. Giving blood next week. We'll see if I have antibodies.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

doc henderson

my daughter got Moderna a week or so ago and has had no symptoms.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

B.C.C. Lapp

I'm holding off till they come out and tell us how often people are going to have to get booster shots.  I've read six months, Ive read four months.   They aint saying yet.

My Doc told has told me to wait till mid Oct. to get my flu shot every year so that it is still working through Mar. when flu season pretty much ends.   Get it to early and its not working in Mar.

I'm figuring the covid shots will be similar. But since there is no covid season it may mean two covid shots every year.  Or three.

Think people will will be willing to keep that up?  
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Ricker

Got my second Moderna shot Sunday, no ill effects, arm just a little tight yesterday morning gone by noon.

firefighter ontheside

I have not seen any real reports that a booster would be given within 4 months.  I have seen that they are likely to recommend a booster at the year mark, but maybe sooner as more data is collected.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

the trouble is the antibodies drop off but much of the immunity is cellular and not as easily measured.  prob. will have to keep track of folks who do not get the booster and see if and when they get the disease.

Peter Drouin

Not going to get the #3 shot.  5 weeks today and my arm are still sore. If I take a deep breath I can feel the top half of my arm sorer from the shot.
Not good working a sawmill with one bad arm.  ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Peter, sorry to hear you are having a hard time with the shot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bannerd

I'm waiting back to hear from my doctor, there is a few ingredients in the Pfizer/Moderna that they use to create cancer/tumors in animals.  She's looking out for my best interest but it seems a lot of Doctors are just going with the flow.

https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms/def/n-butyl-n-4-hydroxybutyl-nitrosamine

Is one of the concerned ingredients and hoping to understand more about it.

LeeB

No issues last night after getting jabbed yesterday afternoon. Lindy says her arm is a little sore but I have nothing at all so far. We did take some ibuprofen last night as a hedge just in case.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

doc henderson

Bannerd, I do not have first hand knowledge of this Chemical.  many things are used in research, but in high concentration can be harmful.  it is prob. a preservative or stabilizer, and used in many other immunizations.  They patterned these shots after other well know common immunizations.  Peter I hope it feels better soon.  The local arm pain is likely from the physical shot, and not specific to the immunization.  Did the pain start soon after the shot, or take a few weeks?  they might want to do an US and make sure you do not have a sterile abscess from the injection.  may have landed near a nerve ect. ect.  If there are side effects from this vaccine, many will be discovered down the road.  we really do not know.  just like all the long term effects of the disease, will take "long term" follow up.  

Peter Drouin

thanks for the info doc. You're a man I can believe in. I'm going in for my a1c and will tell the doc about it too.
See what happens and go from there.
I hope all is well with you.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

doc henderson

doing well, and appreciate the comments.  we docs have all sorta drank the kool-aid and been scientifically brainwashed, but we still try to do what is best. :)

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!