iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any body else putting in a garden?

Started by B.C.C. Lapp, May 07, 2021, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

All that work down the drain-we got hit Friday night with a hard freeze. Same thing tomatoes and peppers >:(

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

GarlicGuy

I'm chomping at the bit here to plant. Potatoes are in the ground and waiting for the full moon to pass Thursday. I was a little surprised there was a little frost on the ground this morning. 32 degrees. Cukes and pumpkins are begging to be transplanted. They will have their day on Monday.

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on May 16, 2021, 09:12:07 PM
hemlockking, nice size for road building!!!
I finished a road last year. Only took me more than 5 years to get it done. Started out with rocks 2-3 feet across and put the size that posted in between them. That will keep me out of the mud!!!!
Road building they are being used for(well a parking space added to my lane)  ;D . Good assurance nothing sinks over time 
A1

SwampDonkey

That's why I never set out plants up here until the second week of June. We most always have a freeze the first week of June, you can pretty much count on it. ;)

That being said, my onions are up nice. I'll plant carrots, and beats this weekend maybe. :)

I think I'll make a batch of rhubarb juice this weekend to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_belben

ive planted too soon since i started gardening and now just wait.  but boy are we getting into the hot and dry.  the rainbarrels are getting empty. 
Praise The Lord

Sedgehammer

We are having continues rain day after day. not hard rain, but either misting or light down pours. gonna be interesting on how it turns out.....
Necessity is the engine of drive

thecfarm

That white crop cover will get ya by a frost.  ;)  
We use to have a veggie business. First one out of the shot, made the most money.
Had some bonding agent at work. About 12 feet wide. Kinda like crop cover, but water would not pass through it all that well. They would get down to about an inch thick on the roll and take it off and throw it away. I would bring it home and cover the garden.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

If you use crop cover get the kind that is heavier to protect from frost. I had lighter stuff last spring on the grapes the first week of June with 3 days of frost. It didn't protect the grapes. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tule peak timber

We ran hoops /covers until a couple of weeks ago and pulled them off too early......OUCH !

Mooseherder

Man, that hurts. We have a couple more of the 32 degree nights coming.

tule peak timber

Heck you are in Florida and I'm in Southern Ca. ,,,,,,Where is global warming when you need it? :D

trapper

when i plant early tomato plants I put them in a wall o water.  suposed to protect down to 16 f  too expensive if you put in a lot of plants but are reusable
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Mooseherder

The Peas and Cucumber Beds emerged today just in time for tonight's possible frost.
It says 32 degrees, another liar saying 34 degrees.  Same tomorrow night.    I got bedsheets down on them but not on the other beds that haven't emerged. Hope they sleep tight.  The new tomatoes and peppers are on the porch covered by a blankie. :D

SwampDonkey

She's 35F on the porch here, so that is probably 32F at ground level. I know that north breeze is nippy this morning. :D :D I'll be watering the grapes before the sun hits them. That often saves your plants from frost. But not if it's 28F degrees. :D

Chuck White

I went to the greenhouse yesterday and got 6 each, Bell Pepper, Jalepenio Pepper, Regular tomato, Grape tomato, and Straight Eight Cucumber.

No Cherry tomato, I even picked up 6 Impatiens for the log planter on the front porch!

Probably be another week or so before planting!   :snowball:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sedgehammer

we thought we put in a garden, but nature decided it was a waiting pond....... nothing but rain here. have taters in, but can't really plant anything else yet as ground is always too wet
Necessity is the engine of drive

SwampDonkey

My plants will go in next weekend. Planting my seed this weekend if it isn't too wet. Suppose to be a couple days with showers, may not get much or could get an 1", never know. :D

I won't have long to wait for jalapenos. :)

woodybutcher

Swamp donkey what do you do with rhubarb juice? 😜

SwampDonkey

Drink it like any other juice. It's delicious. thumbs-up pepsi_smiley

Mooseherder

Peas are up.  I'll make a trellis soon.

thecfarm

Don't blame ya for bragging about them peppers!!! Nice ones.
Got them in the ground yet?
I have not even planted mine outside yet. I used an old cover up frame for a wind tunnel. Put the green house poly to it and plant the peppers inside. Lay down a piece of 10x20 foot black poly on the ground and I have pepper heaven.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!