iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade sharpening

Started by milto, May 28, 2021, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milto

Anybody have any recommendations for a mail order sharpening service that they have had good luck with. Thanks

Magicman

Wood-Mizer Resharp has been resharpening for me for 19½ years.  Absolutely no complaints.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

milto

Will they work on a blade from a HM126?

Magicman

That question would need to be directed to them:  800-244-4600
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

milto

Thank you for your helpful info.

barbender

Only if it is a Woodmizer blade. If I was you, I'd probably by some WM blades for your mill, so that I could use their resharp service. 
Too many irons in the fire

milto

Thanks, did not know Woodland had a re sharp service. Have a 10 pack coming with the mill, hope there turnaround is better then the time it takes to receive the mill. again Thanks.

Magicman

You may not have read Reply #5 as barbended intended.  He used WM for Wood-Mizer, not Woodland Mills.  Woodland Mills does sell a resharpener as described on page 25 of their catalog:  LINK

Yes, if you use Wood-Mizer blades, Wood-Mizer Resharp will resharpen them.

milto

Thanks got it straight now, so much to learn.

farmfromkansas

I used to ship my blades to Cooks, and the shipping was as much as the sharpening.  Thought about buying my own sharpener, and then had the bright idea to call Cooks to see if there was a cats claw sharpener near me.  They gave me a guy's name and number from McPherson, I called and went down and the guy sharpened my blades while I hung out with him. He had a super sharp cam, so it just turned all my blades into 8 degree super sharps. They cut fine.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!