iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quick fix help? DIE CHIPMUNK

Started by Jeff, May 17, 2021, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Uncovered my mill to prep to haul to the cabin and found this...

Any fixes? I aint got time for waiting for one to ship.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GAB

Whatever caused the damage appears to suffer from a case of plastic defficincy (sp).
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Southside

TSC sells a little fuel tank repair kit, comes with a special epoxy, fiberglass, etc. 

I have used it and the stuff works when JB weld would not.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

How about flex tape? According to the TV adds it is supposed to fix about everything. Not sure about using it around fuel or such. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DennisK

jb616

I can show you a little trick with a 5 gallon bucket, 3 gallons of water, enough black sunflower seeds to cover the water, and a diving board.

Hilltop366

What holds the bulkhead fitting in there? Could it be moved to a regular gas can?

Jeff

Quote from: jb616 on May 17, 2021, 11:38:38 AM
I can show you a little trick with a 5 gallon bucket, 3 gallons of water, enough black sunflower seeds to cover the water, and a diving board.
You are talking to the master.  Ive killed hundreds, but never enough. I do mean hundreds. I'm thinking this is chipmunk reparations. 

I had this in my toolbox. Ive fixed alot with it. We shall see. Piney's jbweld suggestion reminded me.

Hilltop366

If you put the fitting on the lid then you can fill'er up by just swapping out the can instead of pouring gas.

(if the EP-200 does not hold up)

jb616

The trick is finding an epoxy that will hold up to the gasoline. Or you could swap it out with an older METAL boat tank.  8)

Jeff

The label lists gas tank repair. Im guessing metal tank, so it must be gas resistant.

Tacotodd

It's probably polyethylene and if so, I've not found much that bonds to it. It's been a long time since I messed up any PE so that being the case, I can't tell you what I used that worked finally.
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

That fuel disconnect also looks like it has lost an "ear" ??  You should be able to just remove and bypass it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Quote from: jb616 on May 17, 2021, 11:38:38 AM
I read this and was focused on the repair so for the life of me could not think how such an arrangement would keep the gas from coming out of the hole..... ::)
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

jpassardi

Anyone else ever had them build a nest in the center of your lumber pile and chew half way through the middle of your best boards to make room?
My least favorite is mice crapping in a vehicle which has been parked. What kind of animal craps in the middle of where it lives?
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

terrifictimbersllc

Nitrile glove or baggie with a chipmunk inside probably could plug up that hole pretty nice. 🐿 + 🧤 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

doc henderson

red squirrels did that to mine, I replaced it.  could just fill it half full until repaired.   looks good.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on May 17, 2021, 01:17:26 PM
That fuel disconnect also looks like it has lost an "ear" ?? 
I could be wrong, but I think thats the way this one is.

Don P

Kinda late but the best chances with epoxy on something slippery like plastic is scuffing it up good with rough sandpaper to give it some "tooth" to grab onto. The epoxy is stiffer so if the plastic flexes much the patch will still pop off. I hates meeses.

Jeff

Iit was prretty rough and chawed up so I opted for a good cleaning.

Southside

Quote from: Jeff on May 17, 2021, 09:06:03 PM
Quote from: Magicman on May 17, 2021, 01:17:26 PM
That fuel disconnect also looks like it has lost an "ear" ??
I could be wrong, but I think thats the way this one is.
Depends on what your definition of "is", is.   :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

As is I think its always been like that. :) 

But not sure.

boonesyard

Fox squirrels, mice and chipmunks, I am at constant war with these destructive pests! I dispatch of them by the bucket load, but they reload faster than I have time. It's the price of living where we live I guess.
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Thank You Sponsors!