iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 moisture behind screen

Started by moandrich, May 26, 2021, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

We have a 2007 lt40 accuset with a little moisture behind screen.  When the sun hits it you can not see anything.  I tried replacing the gasket and putting silica packets inside.  30 minutes with a hair dryer.  2 days in a bag of rice.  Was thinking of putting in a convection oven at 175 degrees but am a little scared.  Anyone have experience fixing this?

Thanks
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

terrifictimbersllc

Maybe warm in a bag of rice but not 175F.   On the dashboard of truck in the sun when not trying to use it?  I remember rubbing a spot with my thumb where I wanted it to be clear, could chase the moisture around.  Also if you put a little ATF on your finger and rub the screen gently with this it helps in bad sun situations. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

moandrich

woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

YellowHammer

I had one do that and it was a warranty issue.  However, before it got replaced, I tried a few things to help drive the moisture out, with some, but not complete, success.  The easiest was for me to simply point a trouble light at it 24/7 for several days, to keep it warm, and after an initial fog up, it slowly started to drive the moisture out, mostly.  

The problem is that the seals designed to keep the moisture out also helps keep the moisture in.

I wonder if a basic food dehydrator might work.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Boman55

I had one of mine fog so bad I took a razor knife and cut the clear plastic cover section from the panel. There is a glass panel under it. No more fog! Worked fine for 8 years after that. I then replaced the whole panel.....push buttons worn :-)

doc henderson

put it in a dry kiln, or vacuum kiln.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

moandrich

I placed the control panel in a sealed big bag of rice for 4 days. Seems to have worked. Thanks for the help. I like the cut it off idea. Didn't know what was behind it. 
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Thank You Sponsors!