iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on June 16, 2021, 11:08:16 AM
........ I still have about 10 hours of onboarding and admin stuff still to do in my free time.
Gee if "onboarding" is anything like 'waterboarding' it sounds like your job is more interesting that I thought. :D :D Yeah, I am glad we are still in your plans because I am really looking forward to meeting up with you for more than a brief phone chat. I hope work goes as smooth as possible.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

that is actually a great analogy.  I may use that!  :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

olcowhand

.....Sounds an awful lot like the Automotive Manufacturing Corporate career Path: Onboard, Waterboard, then Overboard! I'm so glad I'm done with it.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Ken
Lowell, Michigan

jb616

I kind of like the mom and pop motels if they are clean. Has anyone stayed at the Deer Trail or Wagon Wheel motels? If so, please comment or message me on your experience. Thanks in advance.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Old Greenhorn

I just checked to see how Hidden Hill Campground is filling up that weekend and see that there are still spots available. I also noticed that they have added a second rental trailer. For hose comfortable with trailer life and driving a long distance and don't want to drag their own along this is a nice option. My wife and I got the first one reserved months ago, now they have a second one. Just bring towels and linens. Perfect for us.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

WDH

I would advise against the Deer Trail.................... :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: jb616 on June 20, 2021, 09:35:53 PM
I kind of like the mom and pop motels if they are clean. Has anyone stayed at the Deer Trail or Wagon Wheel motels? If so, please comment or message me on your experience. Thanks in advance.
Dont do it. Neither one is fit.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

any place that will rent by the hour or the month.... just saying!  (just kidding).   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

My wife and I took a camping honeymoon (44 years ago) but we decided to stop and visit her cousin who was working for the DOS in DC at the time. We wound up in 5 Corners, VA and looked for a last minute motel to spend the night before moving on to Williamsburg. I was just 21 and when I walked up to the desk in this little place and asked for a room for the night I should have been suspicious when the clerk looked up and said "All night?!" Worst place we ever stayed and the worst night's sleep I have ever (not) had. I have slept better in a sleeping bag tied up to a rock to keep me from sliding off the mountain on a 10° night. Ah to be young and stupid  naïve. We left that place at 4:30 in the morning because we couldn't stand it anymore and the next room over had 3 sets of occupants through the night, all of whom made a lot of noise.

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on June 21, 2021, 07:20:03 AM
Quote from: jb616 on June 20, 2021, 09:35:53 PM
Dont do it. Neither one is fit.
Thanks for the heads up :)

doc henderson

my now wife, then GF were last minute invited to go on a rafting/gambling trip with my nurse and her family in Colorado.  they were all staying at the same hotel and got great rates.  we traveled in caravan, and all went to their hotel first. and try as we might, we were not able to get a room there and all stay at the same place.  called 3 times.  when we arrived, we could not get in the parking lot for all the police cars with light flashing.  we were happy to go on down the street.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

Jeff

terrifictimbersllc

Yay back at youns.   thanks for the welcome..

Thinking of bringing the boat and coming a week or so early.  

Maybe near Houghton lake and find a cabin or such. Any suggestions welcome. 

Trying to find a place that will let us bring our cat so we don't have to get a cat sitter.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Wane One

Hi Folks,

Ya'll might need to tighten up what your drinking. I've been meaning join in more, not just troll and stalk, but ya know life....
Ready to share as Melissa's back in Middle TN with the gankids, lucky us.

I'm back and would like to attend the pig roast.
Will you allow swing blade sawyers from the left coast?
Senior Oso Bear and I ain't no 'wegans, and love the other white meat!

I have been very busy here in the Oakland Hills mill site of Fish Ranch MillWorkZ this year. That year of the 'Damdenic Rat was real drag and we kept a real low profile.

I need to update my profile as I became a member some time last year but got a new 'puter and could not log in and the contact links wouldn't get me anywhere. (note to Admin good job keeping out the riff raff!).

I have been in the industry for more than 35+ years mainly on the elect/Mech/Maint and operations side. Love making chips, shavings, swarf and sparks too. Not at the same time to often TTL! Urban salvage milling was a side hobby.

I retired early @ 58, loved the job, sick of the mid level management.

I upgraded to a Lucas 10/30 Swinger with manual wide cut band slabber,
WM industrial resaw, 20 "RAS, 25" Newman planer, a quiver of stilhs and a bunch of standard wood working machines.

Current support equ are 2015 Izuzu NRR dump bed log truck with a 4K AM 23' loader with a 48" grapple. The rig has 8k and 12k winches w synthetic line, 8-10mm?
A 2005 toyota 4wd tacoma PU, 8 'HD utilty service n support trailer and a 525g Multiquip HP fire pump trailer for our  VFD.

Our, (my, NO employees!) business is logging services, general material and HD equipment millwright, rigger, movement and transport, Sawmill and mill services and support.
I also do tec service support services mainly in the hd wood, metal n manufacturing industries.

I work mainly in the local East Bay Hills in residential, Municipal, Park Landand Public utilities land and R/Ws. 75+% of the work is in the Urban/Forest Interface Zone.

I am a bespoke mill, will cut to order on or of site, or when cutting on spec will cut boards, timbers, posts, just some slabs,(the market is flooded, look at what you can get from wayfarers for a buck 99.), Deal and cants as the logs present them self.
Prize to the first 'un to tell us what Deal is.

Primary species by volume & value.
Monterey Cypress, Black Acacia, (aka CA Koa, Black Waddle AU), Monterey Pine, Coastal Redwood, Blue Gum Euq.

Sorry for the long winded introduction as i'm just unwinding from a trip to a mill in S WA. On the return trip, paid road trip! 8) the truck broke down in Redding CA, I had everything like you would have on a tec service call stolen, Senior Oso the Bear went dumb and AWAL, Oh and my 18+ yr GF left me.
Great CW song with a kickin beat!
All gone IDs CC 'puters, tablets, cell phones Job Doc n origial drawing, calcs etc.
Ended up after a few day of doing the dance w cabs, banks, DMV, atnt, basically living of the streets with a Sunny Barger, HA inner circle Dude and street folks my best of kin.
All good now and an enlightening experience.
Long story for another nite or around the fire pit.

We are looking forward to meeting you all. I feel as I know so many of you like bros, mates, folks, kids, mentors and co-workers.
Getting real hungry!
I'm thinking of drived out. Anyone want a lift or to convoy?
You out there Plummer ID?

Thanks for sharing and reading.

Best and Be well

Wane One
Ed Ruszel
Fish Ranch MillWorkZ
Oakland CA

Lucas 10/30 swing blade sawmill. Izuzu NRR 12' flatbed Dump truck with 4000# grapple boom loader. Multiple Stihl saws, joiners, planers, ripsaws, etc.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Shotgun

Hi Jeff, Mary and I want to attend, and looking forward to seeing the gang.  I'm not sure of the last member number entry, so I'll just hope that this request goes through.  Regards, Norm :D smiley_clappingI guess our member attending number would be 41 & 42.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

@Shotgun  I'd been anxiously awaiting word that Mary was coming! (You too) :)

cedar ninja

Cedarman has included our 6 in rsvp! We will see you all at the pig roast! 

Cedarman

I didn't add the Cedarninja's in so that makes 48.  
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Corley5

Our plan is to stop in Saturday on our way to 3 Doors Down | 313 Presents  8) 8) 8) 8)   Three Doors Down is one of my favorite groups ;D :) ;D.  Looks to be about 2 1/2 hours to the venue from Harrison.  There'll be 3 of us so 51 should be the current total  :) :)  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!