iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The brother in law’s dog house!

Started by 97redjeep, June 18, 2021, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97redjeep

sawyer, my pup, and my daughter had to check them out.

Had a request from my sister to build their family a doghouse for their new pup, got one together and before I was even finish putting shingles on how to request for a second one from her in-laws. Now the wife wants one, and the neighbor, and the other neighbour :D
HM 126, a few useful tools, and a bunch of crap I don't need, but I love 😬

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

Many years ago I got a big Black and Tan coonhound and built her a custom dog house. I measured her and made the house a couple inches bigger in all directions. If she was 40" long I made the house 42" long and if she was 8" wide I built the opening 10" wide. If 18" at the shoulder I made it 20" high. When I got done and put it in her pen she immediately got in and curled up and used half of it. :-\ I was thinking she'd sprawl out but dogs sleep curled up. I looked for her one day and she had crammed herself into the small house I had built for my beagle. It looked like she had been poured in there and was a very tight fit.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

97redjeep

Funny you mentioned that, years ago my dad built a square timber  dog house for my dog fender, he was a malamute cross, about 110lb, he made it 4x6 thinking he needed lots of room but he'd only use about a quarter of it lol. my brother in law wanted this one 4x3 on the inside but I said it'd be pretty big for a lab, so I made it 3x3 on the outside (32is inside) , and after he saw it he was glad I made it a bit smaller.
HM 126, a few useful tools, and a bunch of crap I don't need, but I love 😬

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Read the title of this thread and jumped to the conclusion that there had been a marital spat and someone was relegated to the DOGHOUSE.  Glad to read that that wasn't the case.
I needed the exercise anyway.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

KenMac

Quote from: GAB on June 20, 2021, 01:02:42 PM
Read the title of this thread and jumped to the conclusion that there had been a marital spat and someone was relegated to the DOGHOUSE.  Glad to read that that wasn't the case.
I needed the exercise anyway.
GAB
I sometimes refer to our camper trailer as my "dog house".
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Thank You Sponsors!