iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 Power Feed

Started by Knute, September 11, 2021, 04:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

2010 LT 28 problem. When I turn on the switch the green light is fine. When I move the control lever forward or back the light gets dim and starts to flicker and the sawhead doesn't move. Any ideas? Thanks!

firefighter ontheside

That makes me think poor connection.  Check elec connections at both ends.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WV Sawmiller

Does the head move freely when you push it by hand? If not something is binding.

Has the breaker ever tripped?

I just repaired my power feed system on my LT35 and I doubt there is much difference with an LT28. My problem started with a bad/frozen cam follower bearing on the opposite side of the chain from the sprocket and ultimately a bad feed motor as it was getting hot. 

Its tedious but its not rocket science either. Do be sure to check the chain tension. A too tight chain is way worse than one that is too loose.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Knute

Thank You. I will do more checking at let you know the problem when I or someone else finds it.

WV Sawmiller

BTW - don't forget to check the drum switches too. I replaced mine at the same time. It was pretty deeply grooved. Sometimes just cleaning or bending the fingers slightly to make a better connection may fix the problem but be careful not to overdo that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

As Howard said, don't overdo it!

I bent one of the fingers on a drum switch and it snapped off, so go easy on it!

I ended up replacing the broken finger with one off of an old drum switch!

Still working!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Knute

Firefighter you guessed it. It was a dirty connection at the red cable in the battery box. The one with the wing nut.
Thanks again for the replies.

Thank You Sponsors!