iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer lt35 HD Feed Control Knob

Started by widetrackman, September 13, 2021, 01:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widetrackman

My feed control knob (rheostat) is as loose as a goose, no resistance. I believe a strong breeze would move it while milling. When you are trying set, it is too easy to bump way too fast or slow. Is this the way all new LT35 feed control operate? If so I Really do not like.

SawyerTed

Mine isn't especially loose.  It doesn't take much to move it but it stays put.  On other equipment that had a loose control like that, I put a felt washer between the cabinet and the knob to keep the control from moving so easily.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

widetrackman

Quote from: SawyerTed on September 13, 2021, 10:42:39 AM
Mine isn't especially loose.  It doesn't take much to move it but it stays put.  On other equipment that had a loose control like that, I put a felt washer between the cabinet and the knob to keep the control from moving so easily.  
Yep, I was thinking doing something like the felt or something to provide some resistance, if in fact that's the way they come from WM and dont need replacing.

WV Sawmiller

Never had any problem on mine. I guess I assumed I could just tighten the little flat head screw in the middle to adjust it if I ever need to.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I very seldom remove my hand from the power feed control knob when I am sawing. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Durf700

Quote from: Magicman on September 15, 2021, 09:09:14 PM
I very seldom remove my hand from the power feed control knob when I am sawing.
I keep my hand on it as well while in the cut.

Thank You Sponsors!