iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eye Strain

Started by red, April 23, 2022, 02:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I am having problems with my Right Eye being blurry ?  It happened yesterday but I did not think much of it ,  then this morning it was Fine.  Now all of a sudden it's blurry again .  There is an Eye Center in the local walmart I am on my way over there now just to be safe. 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Hope they can get it figured out.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red

Eye is Fine this morning.  Yesterday there was no Eye Dr at Wal-Mart so I picked up some eye drops .  There must have been 20 different kinds of eye drops. I read about the 20-20 where you take a break after 20 minutes.  Let's hope it is just Eye Strain. 

Old saw fixer

My ophthalmologist  explained that dry eyeballs will cause vision acuity problems.  He suggested some OTC eye drops, I found the Refresh Tears™ work well for me.  Just one of the tribulations of many trips around the sun...
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Ed_K

I've been using Genteal Tears for a bad case of dry eyes. Ever since I had a Stem Cell Transplant where my lower eyelash's grew in towards my eye ball, I've had to go to an Ophthalmologist at the VA and get them pulled out. A real bad case of dry eyes till their pulled.
Ed K

red

I now follow the 20-20-20 Rule . . look away from the computer every 20 minutes at an object that is 20 feet away for a full 20 seconds . . this seems to have helped 

kantuckid

No age mentioned and that matters! OTC drops don't substitute for an eye doc visit if visions blurred. You owe it to your vision to get a check and more so if your eyes are kind of old. 

Last year, I made the switch from an eye doc who was brash and seemed to take my visits as some sort of intrusion-he was the son of my previous eye doc, whom I really liked, and son took his place. After each visit he'd say your still 20/20 but close to 20/50 and should consider glasses to drive. He'd ask if night driving bothered me and I'd say not at all. 
Needing my next annual checkup, I switched to my Wife's eye doc and was told I had the beginnings of cataracts and I should get len replacement surgery to alleviate the onset of glaucoma. I did so last Oct and have 20/20, no glaucoma.

Do your eyes the favor and get a checkup. I still have dry eyes, and they do get tired if I read too much. I still wear the same readers I began using in my mid-40's in 1980's. If I'd paid ~ $4,000 per eye for the deluxe lenses I'd have lost the readers, but I opted for the Medicare covered lenses.   
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!