iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I 'm Gonna Be A Celebrity Sorta Maybe

Started by dail_h, January 12, 2006, 08:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Had a message on the phone when I got home today from the new Woodworker's Supply Store in Norfolk. Seems they are having a turning class of some sort nent weekend,and need some blanks. I had left my card on the bulliten board coupla weeks ago. Guess who is gonna supply them blanks for the class,an maybe take "Ole Nevermiss" out 'n show offin the parkin lot ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Frank_Pender

I think that is terrific, Dail.  I hope you have enough blanks to supply the demand that will be created.   8)
Frank Pender

Burlkraft

Dail,

You better watch out....once those turners find out about you.....you'll be sawin' blanks all the time :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dail_h

I wouldn'ta never thought about doing stuff for their classes,thought sombody mighta wanted some boards sawed.This might be my big break
      Volume Discount At ER

DanG

That's great, Dail! 8) 8)  That's the sort of contact that you just can't engineer for yourself...strictly a matter of being in the right place at the right time.  Now that your foot is in the door, you should be able to get more contacts through that store.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawwood

Thats what i am working on here in KC. I am selling turning burls and
blanks to the local turner's. One of the clubs has there meeting at a
tool store and i am working on selling wood there. Diel looks like we
may have hit the big time or a least sell some wood.

Sawwood 8)
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

VA-Sawyer

What size turning blanks are you sawing?  Let me guess 7 X 9 X 8' 6"   ;D

UNCLEBUCK

I get the Woodworkers Supply catalog dail , I take it that is the same place youre going to rub elbows with ?  That sounds great and congrats !  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

dail_h

They want two sizes,11 x 11 5 or 6 ,and 6 x6 x6  free of pith,no gum,or poplar
      Volume Discount At ER

dail_h

Sold my first shot of turning blocks today,459 ft gum 6x12 ,'n 6x6 s for .50 /ft picked up at the mill. The buyer wants me to come ,& talk to the turning club,and the regular woodworking club. Boy was he happy,left grinnin like a possum in a 'simmon tree,'course the ole boy with check in hand wasn't too unhappy either ;D ;D ;

D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
   OOOOOOOPPPPPPS,it was "Woodcraft ",'n not "Woodworker's Supply"I made a mistake. Y'all write that down,cause,I ain't ever gonna admit doing it agin
      Volume Discount At ER

Thank You Sponsors!