iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been Will Measured

Started by Bro. Noble, March 24, 2006, 10:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

We don't normally do any custom sawing,  but when the caller said his relative told him we sawed for him and he should try to get us to saw his cedars.  We really enjoyed sawing for his Uncle and he was such a nice young man and was putting cedar siding on the old house that his Grandad had built.  We just couldn't tell him No,  and I'm glad we didn't ;D

They guy showed up yesterday afternoon with a truckload of very nice 10 and 12' cedar logs and his little boy Will.  Will hit the ground at a run,  checking things out.  I watched that his Dad was watching him  (he was),  but Will was very well behaved.  He didn't miss a thing and was fascinated at the machinery.  Will had a big baloon that he was playing with as he watched us split the logs on the Woodmizer and   cut the slabs and a few smaller logs on the scragg mill.  I told them that tomorrow and we would  run everything through the resaw to get the 2X6 siding and then some 1" trim boards,  and finally back to the Woodmizer to edge some 1" stuff and cut some stickers.  As they got ready to leave,  Will handed me his baloon and told me he would like for me to have it :)  As they drove off,  you never saw such a big smile as he watched me playing with my new balloon ;D

Well they were back again this morning right at starting time.  Today Will had his safty glasses on and a big tape measure clipped on his pocket (just like my son Tom and I had :D :D   By the time we finished up about noon,  Every board and tie on the premises had ben measured and remeasured as well as the rolling stock and machines and the depth of the sawdust in various locations :D :D

That guy's gonna make a mill man 8) 8)   Gosh I need Grandkids ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Aren't they Gre-a-t!   ;D

It's such a pleasure to be around well behaved children, especially those that are interested in what is happening around them. 

Yep!   I want one too.

Paul_H

You know what Noble? If you become a Grampa,you'll need to know how to take pics and post them here or send them in E-mails to people in BC or some place exotic like that.

So next time Will comes over,please post some pics of the little gaffer   :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

What Paul said. :D :D :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Noble, you painted a pretty good picture for me. I can see him in my minds eye going from one thing to the next, squatting down and measuring this, seeing the next thing and measuring that and having the time of his little life.  Thanks for the picture you gave us. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Sounds like a good time Noble, like you it's been too long since we had any crumb crunchers underfoot here.  :)

tnlogger

Noble not sure who had the most fun you or Will  :)
I have a 10 yr old on my couch right now I'm trying to roll out ta go to the river :D the walleye are runing
and his nanna bought hin a new pole so looks like I will be unhooking fish today  ;D

Pictures will follow and I do know who will be catching um and it wont be me. DanG grandkids ya cant help but love um  :)
gene

Tom

I enjoyed that story so much that I dreamed about it last night.  One of the first things I did when I got up this morning was to come back here and read it again.   :)

beenthere

Like Tom said, and the others, this 'image' kinda gets your buttons to poppin from the swell in your chest. I recall one of my grandaughters who since walking has to know how everything works. It's so much fun to have them around and see how their curiousity leads them from one thing to another. I try to have jobs going where they can help. I compete with 'grandma' for their attention.  :)

I recall recently, when a new mouse trap was on the workbench, how intrigued one grand daughter was. How she fumbled with getting it set without 'losing' it and nearly getting her fingers snapped. She spent a lot of time playing with it. When her sister had a school project (build a catapult), the idea was to build something that would throw a ping-pong ball, with distance and accuracy scored.  The mouse trap had the undivided attention of the one, and we learned that setting it and placing the ping-pong ball on it made a great catapult.

Will reminds me of Kevin_H's son (Steve if I remember right) at the Piggy Roast. All the youngsters there were all great to be around, as were the 'oldsters' too.  :)  Woulda been glad to take any of them home with me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!