iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Petersons new EZ dogs

Started by NZJake, May 24, 2006, 03:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZJake

Well, they are finally here! The EZ DOGS.

Made of pure aluminium.

No knotching, bolting or preparing log bunks.

Fits 4"-5" wide bearers of any size depth.

Multi versatile arrangment options.

Easily replaceable alloy tips.

Simply hit them into the log, twist to engage.

A complete set will fit in your toolbox.

Inexpensive and robust.

I'll post all the relevant information and pics tomorrow, I was using them in Aus and had some great comments. They worked a dream. I did cut through them about 5 times  :-\, no damage to the blade though, simply had to refile the tip of the dog spike a couple of times. Was trying to get down to that last inch, especially as the logs were 'A' grade ironbark.

These are a must for small logs. I have been converted!
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

brdmkr

Quote from: NZJake on May 24, 2006, 03:26:47 AM

Inexpensive and robust.

Can we get a definition for that first word ??? ???

Seriously, what do you plan to sell them for in the US.  I looked on your web page, and found a pic but no price.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

NZJake

Ok, heres the pics...

$81 USD per pair with 1 extra spike, robust meaning made of solid 8mm alloy plate.
Freights a killer when purchasing a pair etc, probably best to wait until Captain recieves them in stock, unless your buying a bundle.

This shows how they install on to your bearer and the alternative arrangement options.

Three tiny little logs at a time no problemo.

Trun the dogs facing butt to butt to edge resaw timbers.

It's not recommended, but should it happen the soft alloy will not take your teeth off. I hit the dogs 5 x with out a single chip on the blade. I would definately slow down however when you are near the dog as plowing through them would do some damage (like hitting a really tight knot).

I'll update our sponsor section shortly.
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

brdmkr

Thanks Jake.  Those are not the dogs shown on the web page.   I look forward to hearing more about them.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

NZJake

Those other dogs have been fully superceeded. Website will be updated soon.

I try to update you guys with the first glimps of new stuff coming out of the factory.

Fla._Deadheader

All your input is fully appreciated, Jake. Thanks for posting the new product updates.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!